PDA

View Full Version : Help With My Camera Angle Anyone???

ajfrank
12-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi everybody. Well i have a animation I'm working on but I'm having proplems getting the best camera view. Is their anybody who can help me determine the best angle for my animation? Mainly at the area where he jumps onto the wall and the shot where he lands. I would like to finish this animation soon but I first would like to get the best camera angles before i continue working on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTohV8onmlY

*(ANIMATION STILL IN PROGRESS)

Thanks

Frogman
12-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Fun!

I think the first two camera angles work great - you can probably even move up and in a bit on the second, but they work just fine nice.

Give him some head room on the third shot.

4th is fine

5th - this feels odd, the angle shift and zoom makes me feel like the viewer is going back when the animation has been progressing forward - I think you could cut this shot completely :just give the ninja a backward glance after he hops the wall then

6th cut- cut the first 2 seconds of it (dead time), so you shoot to the wall and BOOM! Destruction - as the beast comes crashing though.

The 5th cut and beginning of the 6th are just killing the action.

Go ninja go!

ajfrank
12-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Thanks man. Good advice. Yeah I worked on the camera and animation since i post this and on my newer version the 5th shot is taken out(also the 4th). But now I'm having trouble getting a good angle on my new shot(where 5th used to be). I'm going to post my new version later, probably tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. I like your idea about shorting the last shot some to give it more of a bang. I'm going to try that and see how it works.
Thanks again.

ajfrank
12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Here's an updated version of the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b3qckWbKl0

Please again is there anybody who has advice on getting a good shot? (Mainly the area when he lands)
Thanks

KyleG
12-15-2008, 07:42 PM
the camera cut after the ninja runs off screen is unnecessary since it is cutting to almost the exact same angle, makes it feel like a "pop"

=kyle

ajfrank
12-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks man. Yeah I know what you mean by the popping feel. I'm thinking about doing this in widescreen so I don't have to have the second cut in the last shot and the last shot can fit in the animation a little better

Orbital851
12-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Hello

Heres my advice for what its worth. I`ve noticed your just using static cameras so far, perhaps you should try out some camera moves and see the effect it has. For example if you placed the camera nearer to where the ninja lands looking upwards you`ll get a greater sense of perspective as he lands. If you pan down to show the feet impact and then back up the the head with perhaps a zoom at the end.

I did a quick test idea for you, I`m not saying its right but its the kind of thing I`d do. Keep with it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AZpHkYewGLM&feature=channel_page

Pretend my falling box is a ninja.)

ajfrank
12-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Hey thanks Orbital. It do seems as though it'll give it more of a dynamic feeling to the action. Good idea. I'm going to give it a shot. I appreciate it a lot you taking the time to make that video for me. Thanks again

mrinnan
12-16-2008, 04:07 AM
I think the camera suggestion is a great idea. It would be a good transition into a low lying camera which you show the dominance of the monster coming through the wall. One thing I would leave out, would be the zoom at the end of the camera suggestion.

ajfrank
12-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey thanks everybody for for helping me out. Well I updated my shots once again and now I think i landed the money shots on this one. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQTnF7JYgv8

I think I'm going to stay with these and finish up the animation. If anybody knows a way in which that my camera view can be improved even better please leave a comment. Thanks again everybody

Orbital851
12-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Good luck with it. Just keep experimenting until you get something that feels right. Or try replicating photography from a chase scene in a movie.)

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2008, 08:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.