PDA

View Full Version : What do they do with their old render farm....

Sky_DaBomB
06-20-2003, 11:39 AM
Does anyone have any idea what those big studios do with their old render farm or even their old work station after getting a new one? Do they throw them away, sell them cheap or just keep them for memories :shrug:

EvilBasterd
06-20-2003, 12:37 PM
I heard that they sometimes modify some of the machines, so that they can be used as a workstation... (if possible).

unLevel
06-20-2003, 12:41 PM
It'd be cool if they donated them or something, but I have no idea...:shrug:

Sky_DaBomB
06-20-2003, 01:44 PM
That would be even cooler if they sell them to us here in CGtalk for cheap price....I'll go for it :beer:

Gentle Fury
06-20-2003, 05:06 PM
in a render farm every processor can crunch something, so i dont see why they wouldnt just incorporate them.............why get rid of 10 thz of processing power just because you got a new 100 thz farm..........(we were talking about the big companys remember!) i know i for one would put the old processors to work too ;)

as for the rest of the parts.....................ummmmm, well ive seen some very fashionable circuit board jewelery in some stores

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.