PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels and Sasquatch Problems

anim_ate
06-20-2003, 08:46 AM
Here's the deal.

I'm doing a scene with 4 emitters and a boned ik/ fk character and using sasquatch for some grassy bits. When I use 3 emitters and sas, everything renders properly. When I use the 4th, all of a sudden, no sasquatch. It shows the sas render process just as if it was going to work, but no fur/grass!

It doesn't matter whether I clone the emitters or start out new ones with different settings. Number 4 is a no go. I'm thinking this may be a memory problem, rather than a sas or lw problem. I've worked around it, with comping the last emitter over the rest of the scene as a background, but it means twice the setup and double rendering. If it helps, I've got 512mb of ram.

Any ideas?

Thanks
anim_ate

CourtJester
06-20-2003, 05:04 PM
Bump... I'd like to know about this one myself, as we use Sas heavily here and I'd hate to get bitten by this one with our sked...

Julez4001
06-20-2003, 05:10 PM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worleylabs/?yguid=74293389

best thing to do is post it there...developers are right there to answer ur question.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.