PDA

View Full Version : Feng Zhu Laboratory, Lee Johnson (3D)

DrachenVFX
12-13-2008, 04:21 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g84/41784/41784_1229188861_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g84/41784/41784_1229188861_large.jpg)

Title: Feng Zhu Laboratory
Name: Lee Johnson
Software: 3ds max, combustion, Photoshop, VRay

This environment is based on a concept drawing by Feng Zhu. I originally created the environment while enrolled at the Art Institute of Dallas. I redid the lighting in the Spring of 2007 in Vray, and converted all the materials to Vray. It was also rendered with several passes for the atmospheric lighting, ambient occlusion, and the toon lines. Compositing/Color Correction done with Combustion.

tt
12-14-2008, 04:15 AM
good good
Very cool

AndrewMarch
12-14-2008, 08:02 AM
I hope you got his permission to use the design, there is a big disclaimer on his site saying 'don't use my designs'

DrachenVFX
12-14-2008, 01:37 PM
I originally built this model in the Fall of 2002, and there were no such disclaimers. But you are right, and i have written Feng thru the website with a link to this image. If he cannot grant permission, I will remove it from the gallery on my website, and ask CGTalk to remove this thread.

janzak
12-15-2008, 12:21 AM
I read the disclaimer on Feng Zhu's site and correct me if I'm wrong...

Any use of any of the materials on this site other than for private, non-commercial viewing purposes is strictly prohibited. The sale, lease, loan, trade, or use of any of the text, graphics, photographs, artworks, audio and/or video material or stills from audiovisual material or any other materials contained herein, for any other purpose, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, including the use of any of the aforementioned materials on any other Web site or networked computer environment, without the prior written consent from Feng Zhu Design is expressly prohibited.

Emphasis on "other"... I'd take that as "use it non-commercially anywhere"I really like the picture btw :)

Novakog
12-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Pretty cool design, good modeling and rendering. Kind of reminds me of something from Portal.

And sorry... but I'd guess that because this is a public (i.e. not private) viewing, it is probably prohibited. Still, we'll see what Feng Zhu has to say.

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2008, 07:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.