PDA

View Full Version : network rendering problem

plug3
12-12-2008, 11:30 PM
I've been experiencing problems with network rendering of particles (it is a simple flow) where the particles jump to random position on some frames. It is like some machines use a different seed. It is very random. Not just one machine and not the same everytime. I 've been solving it by caching the particle flow but I am running into memory issues.

Anyone has any insight on this?
Thanks.

Bobo
12-12-2008, 11:54 PM
I've been experiencing problems with network rendering of particles (it is a simple flow) where the particles jump to random position on some frames. It is like some machines use a different seed. It is very random. Not just one machine and not the same everytime. I 've been solving it by caching the particle flow but I am running into memory issues.

Anyone has any insight on this?
Thanks.

Theoretically, different CPUs (like AMD Athlon vs. Intel) and different OS (32 vs. 64 bit) are the typical causes of such problems. If all your machines are running the same version of Windows and 3ds Max on the same type of CPU, I would expect them to produce the same random seeds. No idea what could be causing the problem in your case though, it shouldn't be random...

lo
12-13-2008, 08:50 AM
I've had this happen many times on identical machines, with the same OS, same cpu etc. In some cases it was solved by increasing integration step accuracy, in others I just had to manually rerender the bad frames on one machine.

No idea what the cause is.

plug3
12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks both of you for your help.

I tried increasing the integration step to the max (1 tick) but that didn't help. I thought that might be it since the scale of the max scene is quite small.

I gues I will cache the pFlow and save those gigantic max files :-)

daft-crut
12-28-2008, 03:11 PM
well if you have particle flow tool box at your disposal, you can use cache to disk, it will simply generates sequenced cache files.

oatz
01-05-2009, 09:47 PM
I've had this problem in the past. Something about the Render Operator or PView Object becoming corrupted. Deleting the top render node and creating a new PFSource and relinking the tree to the new render node solved it for me.

Khye

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2009, 09:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.