PDA

View Full Version : Import, convert. Import, convert.

Carm3D
06-20-2003, 06:02 AM
I have discovered something using Messiah and Lightwave together and I was wondering if other people "do it this way."

After using the magic F12 to move an object from Messiah to Lightwave, I went to LW and added a Displacement pluging "MD_Scan" which basically records all changes to the object to an *.mdd file. After playing through the scene, I could turn off the Messiah plugin, turn off MD_Scan, and load up the *.mdd file via the "MD_Plug" dislpacement plugin and it acts just as it did when it was coming from Messiah.

Would there be any problem using this trick? I think it would be advantageous to do this to all Messiah-controlled objects because when it comes to render-time, I could do it with less memory.

Wegg
06-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Mike Gamberdella and I were playing with that just the other night in hopes that it would improve dynamic simulation with Sasquatch. But. . . it didn't.

Do some tests to see if it improves render times. I kinda doubt it will but you never know. :-)

mg3d
07-04-2003, 07:02 AM
<Mike Gamberdella and I were playing with that just the other night in hopes that it would improve dynamic simulation with Sasquatch. But. . . it didn't.

Do some tests to see if it improves render times. I kinda doubt it will but you never know. :-)>

as far as render times go, i haven't tested anything yet, but once i usually f12 my stuff over to LW. I just save out a lws scene and restart fresh without messiah. Then i just load the saved scene and then work on the lighting and stuff. I have thoroughly tested the mdd stuff and it works great. I'm currently running some particle tests. Maybe this weeken i'll have something to post.

:beer:

-mG

p.s.
how many time do i have to tell ya wegg, it's GambArdella, not GambErdella..

/me smacks wegg!

Wegg
07-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Spolling is my bestest subaject.

mg3d
07-04-2003, 07:51 PM
<Spolling is my bestest subaject.>

well...obviously, it's not your grammar :)

:beer:

-mG

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.