Heya!
This is one my recent Models...Maya 4.5 /Photoshop6
Crits welcome.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~kwongedmund/Psyborgg_4.jpg

Zappa
06-21-2003, 04:53 AM
Hey!Guys,
cant believe no one wants to say anything :rolleyes:
I want to change things around and Maybe Submit for Expose II ...so if you guys can comment and crit, that will be very kool.
Im also posting a full image of the Character.
Please lemme know what you think. :)
Cheers
zappa

the image link dont seem to be workin for some reason...anyways

http://www.users.qwest.net/~kwongedmund/Psyborgg_5.jpg

ShortFuseNZ
06-21-2003, 05:23 AM
Looks cool man, better than i could do.

One comment though, IMHO i dont think the head matches the style of the body. Although the body owns, nice blend of mechanical and biological. Or is it synthetic skin like The Terminator LOL :)

Zappa
06-21-2003, 05:33 AM
Hey!Short_Fuse

Thanks for your comments, i agree with the head not really matching with the rest of the Mech body, im looking to work on that, and hopefully post the improved image soon.
As for the body, i wanted to create this blend of Biological and Mech, and the important thing is i wanted to keep a balance, not go overboard with the mech thing....maybe i underdid that a bit...especially with the head....im looking to improve on that.

Thanks again for the comments, and if you want to add anything else to your earlier comments, please do.

Cheers:beer:
zappa

Pixalkiller
06-21-2003, 11:41 AM
very nice start.......

although - is that skin or a body suit??? Can't really tell.

Would love to see some 'dirt' on him - I wouldn't ever imagine any cyborg to not look at least a little greasy, with all those exposed gizmos and all.....

also - some better body definition - muscles, etc.. flab would work too - but it is awefully smooth.......

collar is waaaaaaaaaay high up on the neck - is he being chocked on purpose??

um...maybe increase the size of the deltoids and pectoralis majors....would make the arms look less like tubes hanging off of the sides.......

all in all though - deserves a good :beer:

Zappa
06-23-2003, 06:27 AM
Hey!Pixakiller,
Thanks for your crit,i agree with your point of view, and i am adding muscle details on him and will probably have him all ready soon, However(when i started out)... i did want to leave some to the imagination without having to be specific about the bodysuit thingy, so i did leave out the muscle definition...however i agree that he will prolly look better with better muscle defnition.....well all in all i agree he needs more work....this was like 2 weeks working evenings....so i do have to spend more time on him.
Thanks again for your crit, points taken:)
Cheers:beer:

sam-originality
06-23-2003, 09:17 AM
blue!blue!:thumbsup:

hwachai
06-23-2003, 10:33 AM
nice character !!!!

very good rendering mood ..

and..

i look at the big pic,

feel like the hand and finger need some tweak on it....

anyway, is a good work!!!!

rrobert
06-23-2003, 10:38 AM
On the one side: Nice!
But on the other side:

http://www.vi2.com/getFile/188412.gif

Zappa
06-24-2003, 07:17 AM
Heya!Guys,

Thanks for the crits....its good to hear what you think.. so when i get back to workin on him, i know what changes i should be making....for one i have decided to build him again from scratch.
Im going to pose him diffrently....the body was first built in SubD...and converted to nurbs....the head is Polygon....and when i started out i jus wanted to create a 3D concept of the Psyborgg..(btw is there a future for 3D concept work?:) .

About muscles on the body (here i will admit that i may be one of the very few that hate putting muscles on all my characters)...i guess normal humans are not muscled like that....(except a few bodybuilders) that have to take a bucketload of drugs to get that way!So why do we CG artists wanna build muscles on everything i wonder? I understand the need for the body to deform right when being animated...however that dont mean one has to add muscle defnition for everything....i may be wrong here... i would like to hear what others think on this one :)

Im also working on other stuff, so i might have a website up soon.
Thanks again for your crits....however it would help if you are specific rather than give general views like the one above.

Hope to hear from you.
Cheers
zappa

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.