PDA

View Full Version : batch saving objects ...

moomoor82
12-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Hey,
I've been a MAYA user for more than 8 years now and I've recently changed my job and we use FPrime for our renders. It's very hard for me to accept some things. For example everytime i change a shader or a geometry I have to save the object otherwise lightwave wont remember it next time I open the scene.
We have more than 100 episodes and we're using tons of generic objects for these episodes. Although we have to tweak these generic objects per shot. Is there anyway in Lightwave to
save all the objects/or selected objects in the scene at once???? I know there is this SAVE ALL OBJECTS thingi but that overwrites the master objects. I wanna save a new copy of all the altered generic objects under each shot ( if that make sense )
thanks
M

TrueArt Support
12-12-2008, 05:57 AM
On our website you can find SaveSceneAndAllObjects and SaveSceneAndAllObjectsIncrement plug-ins that do exactly what you want. They can be assigned to short-cut and pressed when needed, especially Increment version. I am using them 100 times per day.. ;)

moomoor82
12-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Thank you soooooooo much! you saved us alot of timeeeeeeeeeeee!
As i mentioned before we use Fprime and currently we're rendering shots locally. Is there anyway we can do Fprime renders on a farm?
Sorry I'm a lightwave Newbie...
thanks again
M

3dee
12-17-2008, 05:38 PM
For network rendering there's wsn.exe since fprime 3.01, give it a try.

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2008, 05:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.