PDA

View Full Version : Sheena Duggal :: Artist Profile

PaulHellard
12-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey there,

'Body of Lies' VFX Supervisor Sheena Duggal grabbed the challenge of producing some highly explosive scenes lately. A far cry from a lot of her early work. Her career spans a lot of different genres and patterns emerge of successfully recreating the realities with some of the best directors in the biz. Click her image for this very cool story. DIGG it and give some feedback.

http://features.cgsociety.org//images/plugs/feature/sheena_plug.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/story.php?story_id=4820)

SanjayChand
12-12-2008, 08:02 AM
nice read. :beer:

xxbinxx
12-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Very nice lady ... :D

Erik Heyninck
12-12-2008, 08:53 AM
cgsociety at their best.

never forget the amazones were respected as warriors. don't try to fit into the box and create your own space. That's what she did, and does.

my respect and admiration!

Djampa
12-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Very much impressive, Duggal has a great professional career, I love to hear such backstage stories, nobody actually can see from the finished piece how much effort, patience and experience takes to make the magic we see at such films.
I find the lives and careers of such professionals to be the true magic behind the screens, how she built up as a top VFX director is so incredible as her finished art.
To know about is a joy and inspiration to many, all my respect to Duggal and alike professionals.

Thanks for such great article.

“I was talking to a colleague, and I said, ‘Hey! Let’s make an animated film that captures all the most magical moments of the real world, the beautiful golden magical hour moments. The morning dew on the leaves, the bird on a branch with his breath backlit.’”

wow, that would be groundbreaking, hope she makes it. :)

Duggal’s career, which has paralleled the development of technology, should convince anyone that putting an artist in charge of the bits and bytes can produce magic.

mmm... sure ! Something that should be a rule to make 'magic', otherwise it is just a technical vfx, not ´magic´.
Balance between artistic and technological background, something rare and can produce nothing else but the best magical momments of a film.

My best wishes for her and thanks again.

BarneysPosse
12-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Very good article! :beer:
She's had quite an exciting career.

One pet peeve though with the article. I may be the only one but I find videos on auto play annoying.

visionmaster2
12-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Great article, and beautifull photographies on the second page !

Braetzel
12-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Female artists... should be more of them:)

Outstanding video: Chicago Spire project animation

Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

NanoGator
12-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Cripes. Wasn't expecting to see a shot I contributed to in that. Heh.

Dharroun
12-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow! Inspiring on so many levels...
I like the mood of her work...
Nature rules too!

Boone
12-12-2008, 07:16 PM
A great collection of work. Heres to your future projects, Sheena!:beer:

Ammarkk
12-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Very nice article, Thanks Paul . :)

andycircus
12-13-2008, 08:03 AM
She's worked on a lot of movies !
I remember that part in 'the postman' when Tom Petty helps Kevin Costner
cross that river on that rope bridge so he can escape from Dennis Hopper
and get to 'dry land'. http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif
Ridley Scott, that's pretty awesome.

gdsworld
12-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Nice article, these articles really do inspire one to move on in life and being able to see one make it that far is just phenomenal.

DanLuVisiArt
12-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Way to go Sheena!! I've already told you know who enough about you, you're amazing and it's inspiring to see how much you've done..keep kicking ass!

betito
12-15-2008, 03:13 AM
What a surreal combination of beauty, experience and talent.

Definetely one in a billion.

gauravanim
12-15-2008, 03:30 AM
:beer::lightbulb:applause::love:;) :cool::buttrock: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#) :buttrock::bowdown:

pnkdan
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the article Paul.
It's always great to see another talented lady in this visual effect field.

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.