PDA

View Full Version : Please add a SideFX Houdini Forum

Fess
12-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Please add a SideFX Houdini Form

I simply don't understand why this society chose to ignore this software up to this point.

The purchasing of other unnamed software has changed the playing field, Houdini's appeal is in a interesting position currently.

Regards
Fess

KingKirby
12-11-2008, 11:42 PM
I would contribute daily. There is lots of Houdini to talk about.

For instance in Singapore, Side Effects and Nanyang Polytechnic just announced a joint Visual Effects program, where Houdini students in the course will get a chance to intern at Side Effects in Los Angeles.

SIGGRAPH Asia is going on now in Singapore and Houdini event is tonight.

leigh
12-12-2008, 10:10 AM
I simply don't understand why this society chose to ignore this software up to this point.

We haven't. We had a Houdini forum for ages and it was barely used, so we removed it. SideFX already caters adequately for its community on its own website.

Fess
12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Yes Leigh,

I'm aware that you removed it. But since the removal, many things have changed in the industry.

If your best judgment dictates exclusions of Houdini from this community......I won't press the issue.

Regards

Strob
02-17-2009, 02:17 PM
We haven't. We had a Houdini forum for ages and it was barely used, so we removed it. SideFX already caters adequately for its community on its own website.

Well if you remove the forum, the community using it can't grow...

I think Houdini is more and more used and CGsociety should restore the houdini forum. Are you aware that since you remove the forum there is a very low priced version of Houdini and a free apprentice version that did not existed before?

Fess
02-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Well if you remove the forum, the community using it can't grow...

i concur...

:)

khendar
02-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Its a bit of a chicken-egg scenario. We can't know if a forum will be popular until we create it, and we wont create it unless we know it will be popular. There has been several attempts at creating sub-forums for software that was "up and coming" with a "growing community", only to see them sit there gathering dust for months because the three or four vocal proponents were the only ones posting in it. We cant create a forum for software on the basis that it might be popular down the track, because more often than not they just become a ghost town.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2009, 07:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.