PDA

View Full Version : composite pass through?

Scott212
06-19-2003, 10:52 PM
I'm fairly new to combustion and am stuck with this. I have footage going through a layer with the keyframes, then I want to mask out part of that footage but I don't want the mask to animate. When I just try to pass it through another composite it looks fine, but then connecting that composite loses the footage. Any tips?

Chris
06-20-2003, 12:41 AM
I'm a little confused, but I'm guessing you want to use the 'stencil' feature, or set matte operator - have a look at the descriptions in the manual. I'd say if you have your mask as another layer & you want it to remain static while the other layer animates, assign the mask layer as the animated layers stencil layer in the layer controls.

What you use as the mask layer & whether you use alpha or luminance values is going to depend on what shape you want the mask & whether there are areas that are partially masked.

Scott212
06-20-2003, 06:23 AM
that's awesome - thank you very much :wavey: :thumbsup:

Scott

Scott212
06-20-2003, 07:19 AM
I understand what he's saying, but I'm a little confused as to what the hierarchy would look like. Would somebody be so kind as to post a screenshot of the schematic or layers?

I can't seem to put the mask on another layer because it doesn't have a 'valid input source'. Do I use a poly mask for this?

Thanks everyone

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.