PDA

View Full Version : how to make a toolbar automated loaded

madjeter
12-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Hi all:

I just learned how to create a toolbar item using macroscript. But I find there is a problem that I do not know how to load some macroscript items at a same time in a same toolbar window. And I do not know how to add seperators to group them. I search Max script document. But I do not find out helpful examples.

Please help! thanks!

ZeBoxx2
12-11-2008, 07:11 AM
I've searched high and low for this myself in the past... so hopefully we're both missing a blatantly obvious page in the help file ...but the result of my searching was that you can't, actually, create/display/manage your own toolbar -or- by way of script add a button (for example: for your macroscript) to existing toolbars.

You can certainly create a dockable dialog... and force that to dock top/bottom.. though you don't get to control -where- top/bottom.. and it's still not a toolbar.

You might be able to do something by hacking about with a .cui file.. but that can seriously mess max up.

madjeter
12-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Yes. Cui could be a solution. But I hate to edit cui. And using my cui to replace another user's cui is not a good solution.

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2008, 07:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.