PDA

View Full Version : ctrl.geolight working in XSi 7 or 7.01?

PerfectLine
12-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I wanted to fire up ctrl.geolight in XSi 7 but it seems to crash. Anyone else able to get it to work in 7?

PerfectLine
12-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Ok, I got it to work. SO now I am using this cylinder as a light.

For those not familiar with this shader....

This is not a constant or luminous geometry that is firing rays using Final Gather. This is an object that shoots light out the same way a light does only it is using the shape of the object. Like a custom shaped area light. Check the weird shaped specular hits on the spheres. No gi or FG here.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5908/geolights1ag2.jpg

barbapapa
12-11-2008, 01:35 AM
how did you got it to work?

PerfectLine
12-11-2008, 01:54 AM
I dunno, it just started working and didn't crash. I mean I did reboot and have a few things open but I gave up and left and ate a snack and came back and tried again. Then it worked.

Its only in 32bit right now though. :( Not sure if this one will get updated to 64bit so I wrote the XSi blog guys asking how hard it would be to make this kind of shader.

It can shoot photons as well so thats really handy.

bmwolf
12-11-2008, 05:22 AM
I would LOVE to have a 64bit version of this for 7! (hope someones listening:wavey:)

spooon
08-25-2009, 11:13 AM
I dunno, it just started working and didn't crash. I mean I did reboot and have a few things open but I gave up and left and ate a snack and came back and tried again. Then it worked.

Its only in 32bit right now though. :( Not sure if this one will get updated to 64bit so I wrote the XSi blog guys asking how hard it would be to make this kind of shader.

It can shoot photons as well so thats really handy.

What kind of snack? ;) That must be the key!

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2009, 11:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.