PDA

View Full Version : Watchmen Footage From Comic Con '08

RobertoOrtiz
12-10-2008, 01:23 AM
click here (http://www.itunes.com/watchmenmovie). (I-Tunes)

RobertoOrtiz
12-10-2008, 02:03 AM
mirror
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK0sYlikcdI

sebbonaparte
12-10-2008, 02:16 AM
It's too awesome looking, it's hurting my eyes. Thanks for the link Mr Ortiz.

RoninCGT
12-10-2008, 02:44 AM
I was nervous when this movie got announced to be made,thinking that it wouldn't live up to the comic.

But I must say, that this was the first time I've got goosebumps watching a trailer.

Can't wait to see this on the big screen.

cosmonaut
12-10-2008, 03:18 AM
I don't want to get my hopes up too high but man does this look good.

Sky
12-10-2008, 06:13 AM
Oh man, that looks awesome. I am excited for this.

eliseu gouveia
12-10-2008, 05:02 PM
I donīt think theyīll be able to put everything in a 2 hour movie but this is a very good step in the right direction.

Patiki
12-11-2008, 12:12 AM
I donīt think theyīll be able to put everything in a 2 hour movie...

especially if half of it is in slow motion...

blenderhead
12-13-2008, 11:00 PM
lol yeah I know what you mean.

Look like the project is being treated with a lot of sincerity by the whole crew (i.e. it is still as character driven as it is supposed to be, not a dumb action movie). I haven't read the graphic novel yet, but I will soon.

Are all the legalities over the rights to this film cleared up now?

Boone
12-13-2008, 11:44 PM
I've never read the comic book, but this feels like another "The League of Extra Ordinary Gentlemen" - which I rather enjoyed. On the other hand theres so many super-hero movies saturating the box office in recent years, its hard to get excited about another one...

blenderhead
12-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Apparently though the whole story is about the people behind the masks or somesuch. I wonder if Alan Moor will be happy with this one. Judging by the thickness of the graphic novel, probably not.

orion119net
12-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Basically, this guy gets zapped and ends up turning into Dr. Manhattan(the blue guy) who is super smart(basically). Because of him the world is a different place(like, electric powered cars and stuff). Also, there are masked vigilantes running around fighting crime and stuff. They end up getting outlawed except for Dr. M and a guy called the Comedian, who works for the government. The comedian gets killed, and a guy called Rorschach(who still practices illegally) begins to investigate it.

Thats a really bad summary of the premise.

The story, though, is much more character driven than action driven(though there is still a fair amount of it). It's mostly pretty realistic(well, ok maybe not, but compare it to X-men) and the characters are ridiculously deep and fleshed out and all that good stuff.

looks like they are not making action the focus of the film, which is good. I'm really liking the look of the whole thing, they are nailing the style. Lets just hope they get the people right...

Also I'm liking the soundtrack for some reason...

Kyle303
12-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Still think the trailers and previews are making it look so much better than what it will be. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

MrPositive
12-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I've never read the comic book, but this feels like another "The League of Extra Ordinary Gentlemen" - which I rather enjoyed. On the other hand theres so many super-hero movies saturating the box office in recent years, its hard to get excited about another one...

Uhm, but you do realize that this is THE masterpiece comic book right? This movie kind of rounds out the comic book to movie adaptation era. Obviously there will be more but none that have the literary acclaim of the Watchmen.

Boone
12-14-2008, 02:02 PM
"THE Masterpiece comic book"? Well, Clint, on that recommendation I shall go see it...but if it turns out to be a turkey...well, I shall get very upset. I shall call you names.:D

eliseu gouveia
12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I canīt recommend the book enough.

Even if you donīt plan to see the movie, Watchmen is a masterpiece of literature - which just happens to focus on super-people - .

RobertoOrtiz
12-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey Eliseu nice to see you on our neck ot the woods.

Any chance you would join us at the Wednesday Night Comic Creators Club ? (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=130&t=706464)

-R

eliseu gouveia
12-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi, Roberto,

That sounds like a really neat idea, count me in.

I am battling deadlines, though (things here get crazy around Christmas), but Iīll do my best to try to join in. :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2008, 05:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.