PDA

View Full Version : Fur - unwanted row effect

Aikiman
12-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Im rendering a field of grass using fur and the Rasterizer - fast fur MR render and noticing these row like effects, see attached. Ive tried upping the samples and shading quality which dont seem to affect it and also played around with the Multi-pixel filtering a little with no success. Im not sure what I am seeing whether its MR itself or how the fur is attached to the surface that is creating this even look.

Anyone know whats going on here?

noizFACTORY
12-09-2008, 04:50 PM
What shadow type are you using in the render settings? Segments should work for fur if I'm not mistaken.

Aikiman
12-09-2008, 11:49 PM
I was using simple but segments doesn't appear to make much difference. Im starting to think it might be the way fur uses the UV info as placement on the surface, maybe there should be some random slider to mix it up a bit or perhaps add some scraggle to the grass.

noizFACTORY
12-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Usually, if you grow fur on a surface and leave it at that, without combing it for some randomness, then it does render in a similar fashion.

Btw, you website has been very helpful to me in the past. Great tutorials! Planning on any more?

Aikiman
12-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi, thanks for the interest ;) Yeah I hope to put more up, maybe a few more on fluids and particles together.

qukean
01-08-2009, 05:46 AM
if you just render fur alone ,maybe works

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2009, 05:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.