PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to "beta test" my tutorial so far.

WChestnutt
06-19-2003, 01:07 PM
Hi,

in a couple of days i'm going to start writing up the sub tutorials for my car modeling tutorial (i've done a few of them in rough), i need some people i can trust (preferably one of them a beginner) to read through it and see if it's understandable.

if you have not seen it already here's my thread about it....

here (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=663499#post663499)

so please post up here or pm me if you're interested.

it will probably be ready over the weekend.

Cheers,

Will

Nborg
06-19-2003, 01:11 PM
I would love to do it but I'm off to Portugal 1st of Juli, so I won't be around my PC..Hope someone else wants to do it, looking forward to this tut:D

WChestnutt
06-19-2003, 01:38 PM
pity, well have a good time in portugal!!

Nicodemus
06-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Send it. I would be more than happy to test it out.

~L~

jerr3d
06-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Sounds exciting! Can't wait to see what you put together!

Odrakir
06-19-2003, 03:47 PM
I wanna get working with lightwave again, so it would be a good exercise. And I can also check if it's understandable for non-english readers.

Odrakir.

rremzie
06-19-2003, 04:42 PM
well i like to test it, i never created a car before so this could be usefull :)

WChestnutt
06-19-2003, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys, :beer:

the series of sub tutorials should be ready sometime at the weekend.

i'll pm you with the link to it once it's ready.

please keep in mind that it's written so hopefully people with only a few weeks experience should be able to follow, so don't go saying i've added parts that are not needed unless you're quite sure of it. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Will

ps. checking it for non english readers would be helpfull!!

allaboutkeys
06-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Feel free to send me any of your sub tutorials for beta testing. I'm an absolute beginner and my native language is German. :D

My only modeling experience so far are some tutorials from the Newtek website and from Dan Ablan's book "Inside LightWave 7". Right now I'm deep into the head modeling chapter... If you have this book take it as a reference for your tutorials.

allaboutkeys

WChestnutt
06-19-2003, 07:26 PM
ok, i have the first of the sub tut's drafted up.

does anyone have somewhere i could host the sub tut drafts for a short while just so i dont have to keep e-mailing out these big files?
i could just give out the web address to the 10/15 people who are going to test it, instead of posting the link to everyone. (incase of bandwidth trouble)

its nearly 200 kb, on i dial-up it takes a while to send out 15 of them.

i just need to know if i'm heading in the right direction or whether it needs to be written a different way.:thumbsup:

if you have anywhere please e-mail me. :thumbsup: will@grangeclose.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks,

Will

ps. i tried to put it up on my free goecities site but couldn't get both the text and pictures onto the same space.

WChestnutt
06-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Ok,
i've got somewhere to host it.:thumbsup:

when it's been uploaded i'll send out pm's with the link.

Cheers,

Will

WChestnutt
06-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Ok, i now have a nice group of testers.

Thanks guys!

Petrik
06-20-2003, 08:45 AM
Ok I've been out all day. Hope I'm not too late to join the beta team?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.