PDA

View Full Version : Cloth: Discussion - WIP examples

RichSuchy
06-19-2003, 12:35 PM
I'd like to compare notes with any experienced Maya Cloth users. I've used it a little myself, and was wondering what observations other users had. Here's a work I'm in the middle of. I just added a hemline to the bottom of the shirt cloth constraining a cloth object to a garment. I will have to paint uv bend resistence on these edges I suppose.

http://cgsculpt.com/images/clothwip.jpg

stallion151
07-07-2003, 07:59 AM
i am not sure about the hem at the bottom of the shirt, i dont think it should be that thick. I reckon its catching too much light, and there is something weird happening behind the left shoulder. Looks kind of luminous.

I don't want to be too critical, because i'm not a dress maker, but since no-ones responding, i also think the dress kinda looks to flat and hard. Looks like cardboard cutouts or something. Just too stiff.

But since this is just a WIP, with no movement...i let you go on that one :p

by the way i am just curious but how come you modelled in XSI and Maya. Do you find XSI easier in comparison to Maya?

RichSuchy
07-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by stallion151
i am not sure about the hem at the bottom of the shirt, i dont think it should be that thick. I reckon its catching too much light, and there is something weird happening behind the left shoulder. Looks kind of luminous.

I don't want to be too critical, because i'm not a dress maker, but since no-ones responding, i also think the dress kinda looks to flat and hard. Looks like cardboard cutouts or something. Just too stiff.

But since this is just a WIP, with no movement...i let you go on that one :p

by the way i am just curious but how come you modelled in XSI and Maya. Do you find XSI easier in comparison to Maya?

I had to drop the hem entirely. the hem became a problem in simulation. It got sucked on both sides to the garment which I could fix but only on one side.

The luminouse part is the bra under the shirt. The testure is a stand in at the moment and too bright.

The skirt hasnt been simulated here yet. It loosened up but Im having a few annoying problems with it. It doesnt like the pleat folds in a few places. I am thinking that the colision object is pushing it out too obruptly. I few modifications to the simulation timing might fix it. Ill know soon enough.

Thanks for not letting the thread completely drop off the face of the earth.

:)

stallion151
07-07-2003, 08:44 AM
yeh you know i try.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.