PDA

View Full Version : Omitt object from Pass Shader... is it possible?

mjkennedy
12-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi all,

I'm using the Lume Submerge pass shader on my scene; to give it an underwater look. However, there are a couple of objects in the scene that I don't want to be effected by the shader. Is there any way for me to set my scene up so the shader doesn't effect certain objects?

Thanks,

Matt

greyface
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
The only thing I can think of is setting up a different pass for those objects..

curbsidebandit
12-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I’ve never used the shader you mention, but my first thought is to go into your render pass. In the render pass for your scene, apply the shader to the ‘background objects partition’, which will affect all the objects in your scene. After that you can create another partition in the render pass and add the objects that you don’t want the shader to effect into that partition.

If you’ve never done this before in the explorer window you can hit ‘P’ to see all you passes in the explorer window. To create new passes or partitions hit ‘3’ to change to the render menu and at the bottom under ‘Pass’ there is an edit button and a partition button to do so.

Hopefully this helps you

mjkennedy
12-08-2008, 12:38 AM
I’ve never used the shader you mention, but my first thought is to go into your render pass. In the render pass for your scene, apply the shader to the ‘background objects partition’, which will affect all the objects in your scene. After that you can create another partition in the render pass and add the objects that you don’t want the shader to effect into that partition.

If you’ve never done this before in the explorer window you can hit ‘P’ to see all you passes in the explorer window. To create new passes or partitions hit ‘3’ to change to the render menu and at the bottom under ‘Pass’ there is an edit button and a partition button to do so.

Hopefully this helps you

Sounds good. But how do I apply the shader to the background partition only? I tried dragging it in the explorer, but it doesn't allow me to.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

curbsidebandit
12-08-2008, 03:55 AM
I just realized I should have asked if this a material shader or a lens shader? What I was talking about before was more for materials, where you can select the ‘background objects partition’ and apply a material to the group. Like I said I’ve never used the shader you mentioned before. Having reread your first post it sound like it’s a lens shader, which in that case you can do what greyface suggested and create passes for the different objects that you want separated.

mjkennedy
12-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I just realized I should have asked if this a material shader or a lens shader? What I was talking about before was more for materials, where you can select the ‘background objects partition’ and apply a material to the group. Like I said I’ve never used the shader you mentioned before. Having reread your first post it sound like it’s a lens shader, which in that case you can do what greyface suggested and create passes for the different objects that you want separated.\

Cool, will do. Thanks

Matt

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2008, 07:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.