PDA

View Full Version : non uniform scale problem importing a 3ds in LW

Pickman
06-19-2003, 09:56 AM
Hi all, Have you guys had any problem of scale, importing a 3ds object to Lightwave, I checked or unchecked the pop up menu before loading the object but still, the 3ds doesn't have the same shape (not the size) ?? why is that ??

Mylenium
06-19-2003, 11:50 AM
What exactly is your point? There is no guarantee that an imported model will be to scale. The blame cannot go to Lw however. Most 3DS floating around are converted from MAX and many guys don't think of setting up their units properly. the normal ratio is something of 1 to 100, so scaling a 3DS model by 0.01 will give you the proper size in LW (assuming it was built to scale).

Mylenium

Pickman
06-19-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm not blaming LW, not at all, I was just trying to understand what was going wrong, but I did make a mistake and forgot to do the "reset Xform" in Max before exporting in 3DS", causing a strange scaling problem in LW.
Good to know the right ratio though;)
Thx for the piece of information

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.