PDA

View Full Version : parts dissapear/move with render

admkrk
12-07-2008, 02:37 AM
i was working on a little model and took a quick render to see how it looked. the first thing i noticed was that one of the parts didn't render. i thought i was seeing part of it but on a closer look what i saw was a different part in place of the first one. somehow the mat for the first one got transferred also. it only does this in the render. it shows fine in the viewport and all materials are were their supposed to be according to the material manager. any idea what i did wrong?

as you can see in the picture, the horn dissapears in the render and the reproducer(selected) moves to the horns center point and takes on it's material.

Sarford
12-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Are you working with layers maybe, and some are set not to render?
Or groups who are set not to render?

admkrk
12-07-2008, 04:03 AM
i do have another layer but even though it's set to not render, it still renders anyway. i didn't set anything else to not render. even if i did, i don't understand why the one part replaces the missing one and takes on it's material.

thinking back, i built it in 2 separate areas. then parented the one bunch to a null and moved them to the other and adjusted it to fit. i then subd'd a couple parts i forgot to do earlier. then did a quick render to see how it was looking, that's when i noticed the problem. it was rendering fine before the move although i'm not sure what i might have done between the last one and moving it.

admkrk
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
hmmm, seems to have been some sort of a computer issue. fired it back up today and working fine. still, wish i knew what caused it.

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.