PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 7.0 Trouble

Vinsoviet
04-30-2002, 09:09 PM
My machine:
G4 Dual 400
1G RAM

MacOS 9.2 or X have both, but not at the same time.

My problem:

After up-grading from Photoshop 6.0 --> Photoshop 7.0 I try to open the 7.0 applcation. The splash screen comes up and looks to be loading just fine. Then I get an error message after about 15 seconds

"Could not complete request because certain files were not found in the Adobe Photoshop 7.0 required folder. Please reinstall Photoshop to restore these files."

Reinstalling the 7.0 upgrade doesn't help. The 6.0 version is an upgrade from a 5.5 upgrade from the 4.0 version. Its all legal and paid for, but I don't want to pay Adobe's rediculous Tech Support fee's for software that should work anyway.....:annoyed:

If there is a hardware/software conflict here that I don't know about any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance. Partying on with 6.0....:buttrock:

visualboo
04-30-2002, 09:15 PM
Does it say what files are missing?

Vinsoviet
04-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Nope.

MayaA-W
05-01-2002, 07:48 AM
If it is all legal and you purchased it why not ask or demand the full CD.

ambient-whisper
05-01-2002, 11:57 AM
i know some other guy who also has a problem with ps7 on OSX

it comes up....but when he tries to do anything it crashes.
legal copy that his workplace bought for him.
im guessing a patch will solve this ? stay tuned i guess, until then use ps6?!

Vinsoviet
05-02-2002, 12:12 AM
The full version is way more expensive than the upgrade, I guess Adobe feels as though if you've spent the insane amount for the first version you should be given a break for the upgrade.... which is still pretty steep. I would do some demanding but to even get to talk to someone to do the demanding you have to pay a Tech Support fee.....:thumbsdow

I guess we blew some cash there eh? I hope they patch it soon man, this isn't the first time this has happened either. When we bought the latest Quark, the serial # didn't work on it so we had to end up hacking it anyway. Personally, I'm getting tired of all this time and money spent on trying to copy-protect their sh1t, when all we ask is for an honest program that works. Its actually easier to get pirated stuff than to buy it now.... kind of ironic, but hey, whaddya gonna do?:shrug:

Partying on with pirated and legal.... don't make a difference to me.:buttrock: :airguitar

Thanks guys.

Vinsoviet
05-03-2002, 03:02 AM
Hmmmm.... PS 7 works fine on our g3, but wont work on any of our dualie g4s. Wonder if PS 7 doesn't like dual processors.....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.