PDA

View Full Version : how to get experience in inferno/flame

thiaml
06-19-2003, 07:35 AM
can anyone give me advice on how to gain experience in inferno/flame. would i download a demo of combustion and learn the basics of it and approach production companies and stress my interest in inferno.

beaker
06-19-2003, 07:31 PM
read this thread on highend:
http://www.highend3d.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=flame&Number=93103&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all
It answers your question fairly well.

dmeyer
06-20-2003, 04:24 AM
doh! Link seems broken. :shrug:

beaker
06-20-2003, 05:49 AM
highend3d seems to be down

jeferichardson
06-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Do what I did, I got a job @ a small company that had an Inferno. Was able to get on it when it wasnt booked and learn it. Better than paying tons of money @ schools. Its best to know the basics of compositing before getting on it.

Phred42
06-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Yeah, what Geoff said! That's pretty much the only way you're going to be able to learn it well enough to use it in client-supervised sessions (which is how it's meant to be used.) No one's going to hire you as an inferno (or flame) artist without some a fair amount of real-world experience. Get a job at a place that has one, and sneak on it when it's not being used. Once you know your way around, show them what you can do and I'm sure they'll happily start giving you projects to do! That's what worked for me, at least! :)

Aruna
06-25-2003, 08:12 PM
As it worked for me as well.. Got into a small company that had an inferno, flame and flint, and started from there..

Hi Geoff!

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.