PDA

View Full Version : Tough as old canvas?

tpe
04-30-2002, 10:09 PM
Hi Guys, posting my first thread here, I am a new guy and am really really impressed withthe stuff i have seen, so have to post my humble offerings, sorry its so dark i dont have it here and had to post an old one.

http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl11905/resume/Images/shoescreen1.jpg

tpe

Savage_Henry
04-30-2002, 10:33 PM
Hey,

Looks like a good weathered shoe. I like the amount of history you put into it....very worn in. What program did you use?

Toeng.com
04-30-2002, 10:45 PM
indeed .. .a great texturing :)

henry
05-01-2002, 03:58 AM
looking very photorealistic :) very very good work

bye from henry :wavey:

diazgl
05-01-2002, 05:17 AM
i suggest you make the iron roundy stuff (you know, the stuff that you put the laces through) look like a piece of their paint is missing, or a bit rusty. Other than that, it's a very good model and render.

Damien B
05-01-2002, 07:54 AM
convers lives. A skater shoes cool man that remindes me of my
old skate boad days.

xynaria
05-01-2002, 08:31 AM
I thought I couldn't say anything about this but I realise I can.... MORE!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :)

tpe
05-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the nice replies, really apreciated.

Savage_Henry it was lightwave 6 and photoshop for the textures. I think i still have the shoe, i would have liked to do one more weathered but it was so hard to get the fraying right on the holes near the toe i gave up.

henry, isn't that something we are supposed to avoid these days now the holy grail has been reached ;)?

Thanks Toeng.com, they were photo sourced and then used for bump and speculrity layers, but i really wasnt happy with the laces, they should have been hairy but i am not too good on plugins for hair and things.

diazgl you are right, tryed and with a frenzel shader to give it a bit more metal likness, i dont really know what i got wrong, something to do with scale as there was a bump map for them with dents and flakes in but it got obscured somehow.

Damien B, were they that long ago ;) I am still wearing them as EVERY day ware :)

xynaria I will try, i really like high poly but havnt done much, mostly low poly game characters, and it is so hard getting the time, one day i would like to take a 2 week holiday or something so as i could make a model like the really excelent stuff i have seen on these boards, guess thats dreaming though :)

tpe

stephen2002
05-01-2002, 09:04 PM
looks good, but I would really like to see it in a background other than that boreing black one.

Agent D
05-02-2002, 12:32 AM
That really is awesome. No crits yet, and I would go so far as to say it's photoreal. I think a cool background would be a basement with a washing machine and a dirty cement floor.

KlooM
05-03-2002, 07:37 PM
First of all the subject matter stinks. You should really buy a new pair of shoes. Cause face it, that one looks like crap. I wouldn´t be caugt dead wearing that one, except maybe if I was a slum-bum.

gai
05-03-2002, 07:42 PM
good work:applause:

Kirt
05-04-2002, 05:53 AM
Wow! Looks just like my pair of red Cons. Stellar modelling job!

You could dirty it up a bit more though. Maybe add some grass stains to the white rubber parts and other stains of something on the canvas. The laces look wierd. Try modelling the flat laces that come with Cons. And the lace eyelets are really smooth and lacking imperfections by comparison to the rest of the beat up shoe. Bend them up a bit and and scratches or dents.

Then of course ... make the other one and add a background thats more interesting.

tpe
05-07-2002, 06:41 AM
stephen2002, you are so right...

Agent D, that would be just right, i am tempted to start on it, seeing the other posts on these boards it amazes me how much detail people put in.

KlooM If i was a real slum bum i would smoke and drink coffee all day and animate silly soldier games or bannana coloured robots ;)

gai thankyou

Kirt thankyou, I did try and dirty it up, the grass stains are a great idea, i did actually model the laces flat, its just that on my Cons they roll up after a fair amount of abuse, so i rolled them up here and they ended up looking cylindrical, i have to un roll bits too, but i got a bit swamped by the polycount and couldnt really get in there to unroll them again, i think they need some hairs and some more acute angle changes too, where they would have been in the eyelets. I am concidreing going back to make the other one (Mirror ;) with battered eyelets) and abackground, i didnt think there would be any interest in an old boot, but maybe it wasnt such a silly subject after all.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.