PDA

View Full Version : Question: Rendering perspective

Cocefi
06-19-2003, 06:07 AM
Hi there,

Is it possible for LW to render in such perspective where the object aligns horizontally (see attached pic)?

If yes, how do I do it?

Thanks!

GoodCleanVegan
06-19-2003, 06:31 AM
I think I know what you're talking about. I would go into camera properties and make the zoom factor really high. Then just align your object how you want it.

Cocefi
06-19-2003, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the tip! :)

Setting the zoom factor really high does reduce the perspective but it didn't produce the result I needed. Do I need to set it higher (I tested it with 40 zoom factor)?

I want the object to be rendered with a slight angle but the front and back portion must be aligned horizontally (does that make sense?)

Thanks!

Nemoid
06-19-2003, 10:02 AM
In Lw ortho views rendering is not native because of its structure I know there is a plugin wich allows u to do orthogonal views - like rendering.
do a simple search in FLAY and u'll find it.:thumbsup:

Rei Ayanami
06-19-2003, 10:11 AM
its called obliqe, its a style of drawing that was first used by Da Vinci, the front is drawn from straight on, then the back is extended out at 30' from the horizontal. This view is imposible to create in real life, so i would imagine that it would also be vry hard to do in LW too. i think the best is to render 2 images out, one of the flat front view (using the pre done plug) and then another of the angled part and patch them together.

Nemoid
06-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Yap i think its possible mixing the 2 images. the prob is into matching dimension and angle of the side angle view. also, in the real kinda obliq view, used for technical drawings, the measure of the side is half the real measure of the object side
i never used, but maybe some CAD could help u better??

Kvaalen
06-19-2003, 11:45 AM
http://flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1175 :thumbsup:

Cocefi
06-20-2003, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the replies! :)

I guess Rei's right. I've tried some orthographic plugin from Flay but they're only able to produce isometric type of view.

I was planning to render out some shapes in LW and then paint them over in Photoshop to create some game sprites. Looks like I've to do the shapes manually. :scream:

Nemoid
06-20-2003, 03:09 PM
yap. i also tought you could render very flat both the front view, both the side, and then in photoshop composite the 2, using fake perspective to deform the side view. think that with a lil' work will function.
and in this way maybe y don't have to do great paint work after rendering.

Cocefi
06-21-2003, 02:50 AM
Ah, I've found a little trick to fake the oblique perspective! :bounce:

To do it, first set the camera zoom very high to reduce the perspective and then place the camera in front and a bit higher up of the object (make sure the camera targets the object). Then add a Null to the scene.

And here's the trick, in the object properties of your object (not the Null), add "Shear" into the object Displacement. Inside the Shear options, set the Effect Base = selected object, Effect Handle = Null and Axis to Z.

And finally, pull the Null left or right to create the right angle that you need! This will certainly save me a lot of work! :beer:

wgreenlee1
06-21-2003, 07:40 AM
Special Projection Engine (http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.