PDA

View Full Version : Removing IK

Blueman
06-19-2003, 03:06 AM
I am currently using Maya . I am also using the IK Joe model for Maya. However, I am not a big fan of a set up with IK on the arms. Can anyone tell me how to remove the IK on the arms? I really like how the rest of the model is set up, and removing the ik would be a huge help for me. Or if someone could tell me if there is a simple way to turn off the ik on the arms, that would work also. You can find the model here:

http://www.vfs.com/~m07goosh/FreeStuff.htm

SpaceFork
06-19-2003, 04:49 AM
Howdy, the big "C" control on the back allows you to switch the IK for the arms off and on. Select it and check the channel box.

Blueman
06-19-2003, 10:23 PM
Thanks Space Fork, I appreciate the help. However, now that the Ik is switched to FK , for some reason, I cant select the individual bones for positioning, as you would in other FK rigs. How do I now control the bones?

loked
06-19-2003, 11:54 PM
You can also just delete the IKhandles on the arm or select the ikHandle and in the attribute editor under IK solver attributes, disable IK solver. With IK joe, like SpaceFork mentioned you can switch from IK to FK.

Later:wavey:
Loked

Doogie
06-20-2003, 03:47 AM
Most TDs don't want you to manipulate the joints directly.

But with IK switch on it he does let you move and animate arm joints. You have to make sure IK is turned all the way off. Type the following in your script editor or command line:

setAttr Controller.armIKFKLeft 0;
setAttr Controller.armIKFKRight 0;

Now try and select you arms and rotate (your translate and scale should be greyed out)

You can also do it by selecting the big 'C' on his back and changing the settings in the Channel Box.

-Paul

Blueman
06-20-2003, 04:09 AM
For some reason I still cant select the individual bones in the arms. I have my setAttr Controller.armIKFKLeft and right set to 0, and my Fkleft and FKrigt turned on and still no luck. Any ideas?

SpaceFork
06-20-2003, 05:08 AM
Check your layers to make sure the joints aren't in template or reference mode. Also check your selection masks to make sure you can select joints.

Blueman
06-20-2003, 06:16 AM
Thanks SpaceFork that did the trick. Sorry about that. Its always the little things that set me back......................

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.