PDA

View Full Version : forum suggestion: regional groups?

CapnPanic
06-18-2003, 10:01 PM
really just a suggestion, but it's something i've noticed on a few auto-enthusiast boards: that there is a forum section with sub-sections for each area (i.e. Midwest US, UK, Italy, Southern Cali, etc). also i've noted a number of "(insert area) CG talkers meet up!" sorts of threads in the general discussion forum.

so i thought maybe there might be interest in a regional users forum, perhaps with a sub-forum for each region (or if thats too much, perhaps simply require thread titles to start with the area, i.e. Kansas City: KCAGA Meeting tomorrow). would be handy for newbs looking for local users groups, or just for people looking for other like-minded people in their area.

just a thought :) figured this would be the appropriate forum for this. and honestly i dunno if there is enough region-based interest to support a forum like this, but the mods would know better then i :beer:

schmu_20mol
06-18-2003, 10:14 PM
well i'm no mod/admin but there's one thing i can tell you for sure...there're already enough (sub)forums in cgtalk...so it'll all stay fine with those threads in the general discussions and/or app specific forums....

anyway have fun and some :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.