PDA

View Full Version : Screen/View Space Manipulation of the Edit Sphere?

nimajneb
12-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Heyah, folks, I'm trying out the demo of Messiah now and something struck me right of the box as problematic to the way I work. I like "Screen Space" or "Camera space". I find it's very natural for me to work relative to the view, pushing my post to best effect, and rotating about to hit the points I want in XYZ using the screen's XY. Most applications allow for this, but I don't seem to be able to see a way to do that in Messiah? I see that I can turn on two directions in the editsphere for and XY, XZ, or YZ on the M handle. However, I don't appear to get an option for controlling the object to the camera itself. Am I mistaken? Is there a Screen space toggle for the edit sphere in Messiah? I appreciate you taking a moment to illuminate the state of affairs for me.

SLiTHER
12-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi nimajneb

in the viewport to your lower right is the control armmatures, you'll find a the following letters under each other:

l -> Local Coordinate
p -> Parent Coordinate
w -> world Coordinate
s -> Screen Coordinate

so no matter where you are and in which view, just select the appropriate coordinate

Hope this helps :)

Cheers
I3D

nimajneb
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
It does indeed, thank you very much!

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.