PDA

View Full Version : expose entries that didn't make it...

anieves
06-18-2003, 05:12 PM
I thought it would be cool to see your LW images that you made and didn't make it to Expose. Here are mine. Care to post yours?

http://www.motionblurstudio.com/cgtalk_images/hallway.jpg

http://www.motionblurstudio.com/cgtalk_images/anime.jpg

Remi
06-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Maybe they'll make it in the next issue...nice images...good try man...:thumbsup:

anieves
06-18-2003, 06:53 PM
maybe Remi, maybe;)

anybody sent images to expose that didn't make it to the book?

post 'em! I wanna see:)

BTW congrats to those that made it!

rickycox
08-08-2003, 06:41 AM
Let me start by saying, I never submitted work for inclusion. So no feelings of rejection here.

I just received my paperback copy of expose. It's a great resource for our community, especially because of the ties to CGTalk. Obviously a huge task and financial risk to put together such an undertaking. But it pains me to say I wasn't that impressed with the quality. There's some inclusions which I think aren't so strong, but my main gripe isn't with the images, I just didn't feel that the print quality did them justice.

There's some pix in there that I know and love, that look great in the PDF's but they seem to lack in print. Maybe it's the paper? I'm not sure.

Anyway I just wanted to say my bit. Hopefully with some constructive input the next version will be bigger and better.

anieves
08-08-2003, 01:59 PM
I didn't feel rejected I am sure there were more wavers that submited stuff there that didn't make it and really wanted to see them but apparently nobody cared because nobody posted:shrug:

About the print quality, I haven't received my copy yet, looking forward to it. I belive that there are many artists that aren't familiar with the print process and colors might have not been handled properly by the production artist. pdf proofs mean nothing when it comes to offset printing proofs, thats why I think they should have taken a little longer and provide physical proofs to the selected entries, that would have been the ideal thing. Maybe they should of had a physical proof waiver...

rickycox
08-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Sorry anieves I wasn't trying to imply that anyone felt rejected, or responding to any previous comments in this thread. I just wanted to state clearly in my case that I hadn't submitted work. Therefore no grudge to bear.

I think they should've been more brutal with the editing process. Some key images are too small and the resolution seems to vary. Paper can have a big difference. I'm no expert on printing though.

anieves
08-09-2003, 03:32 AM
don't sweat it man, :)

I can't wait to get my copy. I do have experience with print and a conversion from RGB to CMYK can be very tricky specially with blacks reds and greens and very bright colors but it really goes beyond color correction; paper weight and dot gain are major factors as well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.