PDA

View Full Version : Stickman vs ONTOP logo

FreakyDude
12-02-2008, 10:30 PM
This is a movie I made for work. It might end up cycling on a monitor somewhere. If I can get it approved that is. I hope I do, I wanna make more of them and it's really good for practising animation and finding potential bugs in your rigs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJvc_Q4NDgQ

The rig is my updated stickman rig for blender.
The logo is the logo for the company where I work.

I'd like some feedback, so I can use that in future animations, if I can get this one to pass. C&C very welcome...

robcat2075
12-03-2008, 04:19 AM
The render looks fine.

However, the "sneak" suffers from not having overlapping motion. Everything is up at the same time and everything is down at the same time.

Somewhat related is that there is no follow thru on any body part. Everything sort of hits a wall and stops at certain instants in the cycle.

Also, part of the formula of a sneak is that you extend a foot forward and hold your body weight back over the rear foot until the leading foot makes contact. Then transfer the weight forward.

I like the elemental character design. It fits well with the design of the logo.

I think the logo would have to hit him a hell of a lot harder to create the flight path he takes out of frame. :curious:

FreakyDude
12-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks, that kind of information is very usefull....
I didn't intend for him to sneak, so if it comes across as a faulty sneak, I'm doing something rather wrong...

The character was designed a few months ago without anything about the logo in mind, them matching so nicely is coincidince, but a fortunate coincidence.

For overlapping motion, should I set keys for limbs a few frames later? there's a bit of overlap on the arms, but I don't really think it's noticable. If I get to do another animation I'll take that in mind.

Thanks a lot, that's info I can use!

robcat2075
12-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks, that kind of information is very usefull....
I didn't intend for him to sneak, so if it comes across as a faulty sneak, I'm doing something rather wrong...

I was sure he was sneaking up on that logo! :surprised

For overlapping motion, should I set keys for limbs a few frames later?

It's rare that shifting keyframes gives a great result, but it's a starting point. Mostly you have to develop an eye for what it should look like and how to time it.

Then when you see missing overlap it will drive you crazy. :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2008, 10:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.