PDA

View Full Version : New Maxscript - Pose Store Helper

Mr-Bullfrog
12-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Howdy folks!

Well, I recently finished work on the new version of my pose store scripted helper plugin. This is a helper object designed to be used similar to the morpher modifier, but for bone based rigs. It allows creating, animating and editing poses, or any position / rotation of any objects in your scene (Excluding some max objects, such as target cameras) It was created so that one may have the benefits of a bone based rig (plenty of control) along with the speed of the morpher modifier.

INSTALLATION: Copy the "posestore-plugin-v0.20.mse" file to your <<3ds Max>>\Scripts\Startup directory. This will load the script on startup.

Download Pose Store v0.2 (http://www.jeremymassey.com/scripts/posestore-v0.2.zip)

Please read the included readme file. I have also attached a small SWF video file with a short demo on using the pose store helper. This has been tested on Max 2008, but should work in earlier versions of Max.

Feedback is appreciated, and if you have any questions or problems feel free to post here.

Hope you all enjoy!

-Jeremy

EDIT: Screenshot of UI attached.

IkerCLoN
12-02-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm gonna check it :) Thanks for sharing!

PEN
12-02-2008, 01:22 PM
You might want to post a UI so people can see what it looks like.

Mr-Bullfrog
12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm gonna check it :) Thanks for sharing!You're very welcome!

You might want to post a UI so people can see what it looks like. Good idea! Initial post edited. Thanks for the tip!

I thought I might outline a little of how it works. Firstly, I'm still learning Maxscript, so it's nothing terribly advanced. Basically it freezes the transforms of the selected control object(s), and adds a new position and rotation controller within the list controllers. This is used for any animation done directly on the object. When a new pose is created, a new Position XYZ and Euler XYZ are added to the list controllers, and these are used when editing the pose. The weight of these controllers is then wired to the attribute of the pose store helper corresponding to that pose. This fairly straight-forward approach makes it reasonably fast, allows for the editing of poses at any time, and is always additive (Like the morpher modifier)

This can be important to know when setting up your rig, as if your control objects require any controllers, for example a position controller, this would be removed when adding the object to the pose store helper. There are simple ways around this, like using a point helper to setup any controllers, and then linking your control object to the helper.

I hope this all makes sense. :)

In the future, I will be releasing the non-encrypted maxscript file, however much of the code isn't commented (Yup, shame on me) so I'll be including plenty of detailed notes before releasing it.

-Jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.