PDA

View Full Version : Cinema 4D - Navigating and Axis Control Help?

SNYPERL1TE
12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
I am having trouble when I try to rotate an object and the x,y,z axis is then changed for that object only. I would like to switch it back to allign with the original "world" axis without actually rotating it back. Is there any easy way to do this and possibly switch back and forth between the two axis references? I have used SketchUp a lot and there is a very easy way to reset the axis along the edge of an object or simply back to 0,0,0. Is there a similar feature in Cinema? Thanks for you help!

SilverCity
12-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Go to Structure>Axis Center. Check Alignment, Axis: All, Alignment : World, and hit Execute.

If you wish to switch between local and world axis, you can parent a null to the object and set that to World and the object to local. There is probably an easier method (or a plugin), but this is what I would do in a similar situation.

SNYPERL1TE
12-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks SilverCity,

That seemed to get the job done, I think this method will help me out a lot in the future.

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2008, 04:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.