12-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi friends,
i have model with very high resolution,which is the best metod to rig it
1. Creating Wrap deformer for it
2. making the model Lo-Res and skin it and coping weights to Hi-Res
3. Or any other techineque.

dragst
12-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Using a wrap deformer on the hi-res model is a possible way to deform your geometry, but I have found it to be slow if the geometry is really dense. Also it lacks the ability to fine tune its influence on a component level (I could be wrong here since I have not completely investigated the wrap deformer on the newer versions).

Copying the skin weights from one geometry (lo-res) over to the other (hi-res) also may not result in correct deformation if the mesh flow of both the models differs greatly. But since your hi-res will be bound to joints, the weights can be tweaked at any time.

An alternate method that I have come to use most often is to create a lo-res and bind it to a skeleton. Create a new skeleton on the hi-res and add all the other features like muscles etc. and skin it as well (it takes time but gives full control over the deformation). Then make sure the names of the controls to be used for animation are the same. Then animate the lo-res and export the animation curves off of the controls of the lo-res and import onto the controls of the hi-res before you can render it.

kanthscorpion
12-07-2008, 08:59 AM
my problem is not for animation.my problem is how to skin it.any have thank u

Using a wrap deformer on the hi-res model is a possible way to deform your geometry, but I have found it to be slow if the geometry is really dense. Also it lacks the ability to fine tune its influence on a component level (I could be wrong here since I have not completely investigated the wrap deformer on the newer versions).

Copying the skin weights from one geometry (lo-res) over to the other (hi-res) also may not result in correct deformation if the mesh flow of both the models differs greatly. But since your hi-res will be bound to joints, the weights can be tweaked at any time.

An alternate method that I have come to use most often is to create a lo-res and bind it to a skeleton. Create a new skeleton on the hi-res and add all the other features like muscles etc. and skin it as well (it takes time but gives full control over the deformation). Then make sure the names of the controls to be used for animation are the same. Then animate the lo-res and export the animation curves off of the controls of the lo-res and import onto the controls of the hi-res before you can render it.

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2008, 08:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.