PDA

View Full Version : Set Interpolation type for Gradient Ramp

ayanami0
06-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Me again :shame: Anybody know how to set the interpolation type in Gradient_Ramp map? thanks!!!!:beer:

LFShade
06-18-2003, 05:31 PM
From the help docs:

<Gradient_Ramp>.Gradient_Type Integer default: 4

The type of gradient:

0- 4 Corner (An asymmetrical linear transition of colors.)

1- Box (A box.)

2- Diagonal (A linear diagonal transition of colors.)

3- Lighting (Based on the light intensity value.)

4- Linear (A smooth, linear transition of colors.)

5- Mapped (Based on the luminance. Remaps the colors of the source map used in the gradient.)

6- Normal (Based on the angle between the vector from the camera to the object and the surface normal vector at the sample point.)

7- Pong (A diagonal sweep that repeats in the middle.)

8- Radial (A radial transition of colors.)

9- Spiral (A smooth, circular transition of colors.)

10- Sweep (A linear sweep transition of colors.)

11- Tartan (A plaid.)

RH

ayanami0
06-19-2003, 04:14 AM
thanks LFShade

I know about the gradient_ramp.type... but I was asking about a way to set the interpolation type, which changes the gradient to ease-in, ease-out, solid, and linear :)

Thanks!

SuperRune
11-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Sorry for dragging this old post up - but did you ever figure this out? I'm stuck with the interpolation type myself right now :)

(R)

Bobo
11-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Sorry for dragging this old post up - but did you ever figure this out? I'm stuck with the interpolation type myself right now :)

(R)
Don't think it is possible.

Please remember that this is a former 3rd party map from Digimation that was included in Max. There are LOTS of issues with its MAXScript exposure, not just this one...

SuperRune
11-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for the info Bobo.

I guess the workaround would be to create a matlib with the desired texture, and then load that instead.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.