PDA

View Full Version : FK/IK Controller

maT-Star
12-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Heya :)

I want to reproduce the Character Studio Biped functionality in a new Transform Controller and just got the implementation of my plugin working, but working on the functionality atm :S
My goal is to create an FK/IK system, which is animateable and behaves just like the biped FK/IK one (selecting non-limbs and it is FK, selecting limb and it is IK and so on). I need to do this for having an FK system only (like biped) and just manipulate the FK chain according to the IK changes. This allows me a better blending between poses and there will be no IK snapping.
If I can get this to work, there might be possebilities to have a large amount of solvers automatically applied to the chain depending its hierarchy and settings. :)

I just started learning how the MaxSDK works on friday, so would be great if there is anybody who might know IK solvers and can hint me how to start :)

Cheers,
maT-Star

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2008, 10:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.