PDA

View Full Version : Cineman/3Delight Questions

buddamint
12-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Hello, just have a few questions regarding Cineman:

1. does anyone know how to enable AOVs in Cineman. (AOVs are able to basically be like Multipass in C4d's native renderer).

2. is anyone else having problems with importing Renderman shaders ? I have no problems with rendering translated shaders, but with Cineman/3delight, I have tried to import several shaders (from the 3delight directory) and they either do not render, or attempting to render crashes C4d. They should be precompiled from 3delight, right ?

Thanks.

LucentDreams
12-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Many of CINEMA 4D's multipasses should work automatically with Cineman doing a lot of the common AOV's with no effort. Others, need to be applied through rib containers on the Camera object to feed the information at the right point within the rib.

As for the issue with 3delight shaders, sadly It is a known issue that hopefully can be resolved and included in a future online update. They either crash or are extremely slow.

buddamint
12-01-2008, 08:56 AM
LucentDreams,

thank you.

I will look into coding any additional AOVs into the camera object.
Hopefully, this task can be scripted.

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2008, 08:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.