PDA

View Full Version : Lipservice tutorial / demo

Mike RB
06-18-2003, 09:04 AM
http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/web/tuts/LS/LStut.htm

I did that in about 2-2.5 hours. Just a quick lipsync to show off the workflow in using LS.

Thanks to William Vaughan for the model.

Mike

CTRL+X
06-18-2003, 09:12 AM
The links to the updated passes seems to be not working.

thanks for the tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the one thing about LipService that bothered me way back when was the odd refresh,,, from what I remember it would have to scroll through each image in each box to refresh and it really slowed down the progress.. is that still an issue?

Mike RB
06-18-2003, 09:17 AM
links seem fine here. There is no refresh problem I've seen, but it could have just been an odd videocard/cpu combo or somthing...

Mike

SplineGod
06-18-2003, 09:46 AM
Thanks Mike,
Hopefully we shall see something like that in LW sometime.
Rob Powers also has a tutorial on his site:
http://www.robpowers.com

yog
06-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Mike.
Any news on the Lipservice / SAAHC front ? As far as I know neither product has been available for some time (for LW at least).

I personally don’t see Joe Alter making a return to the LW market. It would be very hard to overcome the prejudices built up because of his (what I consider) unprofessional actions in deleting the Lipservice / SAAHC forum (effectively destroying years worth of useful information) in a fit of pique.
There seem to be so many conflicting comments coming from Joe himself. First he wouldn’t do any more to the LW version until Newtek sorted out their code, then when you and others demonstrated that LW7.5b had indeed fixed previous problems the response from Joe was the LW version wasn’t dead, he just needed to finish other projects first. Now the latest word I have heard is that Joe said “over his dead body” ?

SplineGod
06-18-2003, 10:48 AM
Joe does have a problem with followthru. Id rather support someone more stable and with a proven trackrecord like Worley.

Mike RB
06-18-2003, 02:56 PM
No news regarding them. But LS still works fine and is a very fast solution for lipsyncing dialogue in LW. I wonder for how much Lipservice/Shave dongles go fo on ebay...

Mike

Mike RB
06-19-2003, 01:44 AM
Fixed a couple typos

takkun
06-19-2003, 02:11 AM
Very nice, what is that audio clip from? Sounds like Christopher Walken. :buttrock:

Maybe we should all sign a petition to Joe Alter saying, "We love you and your quirky programs, please come back to the light side!" :love:

Mike RB
06-19-2003, 04:54 AM
Its Chris Walken from Pulp Fiction.

mjm
06-19-2003, 05:48 AM
You should continue on in the dialogue of that scene...

"I lived with this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass for two long years..." etc. :)

Nice stuff as always, Mike.

takkun
06-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Mike RB
Its Chris Walken from Pulp Fiction. Yup, I'm the last person on the planet that hasn't seen Pulp Fiction.:wip:

Mike RB
06-19-2003, 08:56 AM
You're missing out.

proton
06-19-2003, 10:32 PM
great resource....thanx for takingthe time Mike!

I'd love to see Joe continue work on his tools!

RobPowers
06-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Larry, Thanks for the mention. In addition to my tutorial I have a Lipservice template that you can print for reference. You can fill it in with your specific targets. Also I have a script that exports the endos to LW5 objects on my site. It really helps when working with Lipservice.

Mike RB
06-22-2003, 04:28 AM
Rob: that diagram is a life saver.

Proton: Thanks for the excellent model! Not entirely sure if you were keen to hear Walkens trash-talk coming outta your cute little mini-me. :)

Mike RB
06-24-2003, 07:41 AM
http://www.joealter.com/lipservice/overview.htm

I didn't realize joe's page was still up for LS...

proton
06-24-2003, 03:08 PM
I thought it was perfect...Walken rules!

SplineGod
06-24-2003, 07:40 PM
I would love to see some lipservicesque (is that a word?)
type features in Motion Mixer. Also, a way to have a single slider move thru multiple morph targets.

DigiLusionist
06-24-2003, 10:24 PM
I heartily agree, Larry. Being able to puppeteer endomorphs with a mouse or with some other input device for real-time facial animating would be outstanding.

Mike RB
06-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Joe's little mpeg of that on his site shows off the pupeteering really well...

Mike

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.