PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Question on rigging clothes and hair

moniharri
11-30-2008, 04:46 PM
What is the best and easiest method to make clothes and hair move with the character without slowing down the animation? Should I bind the clothes to the skeleton? I have poly braids on my character. Should I create a skeleton for the braids instead of using the hair system or dynamics? Please help!!

MolemanSD7
12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
as with everything, it depends on the final result you're going for. If you want realism, simulation would be best. But keep it on a separate rig from the anim rig. Look into setting up multi-resolution rigs. Basically its making a light skeleton for animators, and a moderately heavy one for simulation artists, etc, and a heavy one for rendering, or any variation there of.
If you want cartoony motion...hand animating or adding jiggle or spring deformers could be enough. It really just depends on what you're going for, and the overall length of the braids.

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.