PDA

View Full Version : Question: Maya Rigs...

SuperFastJellyFish
11-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Hey, pretty new to the forums here but wondered if any Maya gurus can give me hand...

I'm animating a character interaction for my Uni work, and the theme of mine is a band playing.

Iv created a basic guitar, and created a thin plane for the guitar strap- which has a bone structure so it moves... the top bone is parented to the top of the guitar, and the end bone is parented to the bottom of the guitar. As it is, it works nicely, the strap moves freely whilst still never leaving where it should be attached the guitar body.

However..

The whole guitar is assembled as a 'group' in my outliner, and whenever I try to move the whole group towards my character, the strap flies off ahead of the rest of the guitar and breaks up. I have tried reseting/freezing my transforms and deleting the history but this doesn't help.

Any advice would be great, cheers Matt.

stewartjones
11-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Sounds like double transform to me. Grab your geometry and in the attribute editor make sure 'Inherit Transforms' is turned off. That should fix it.

- Stu

SuperFastJellyFish
11-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Thankyou so much! That has certainly solved alot of previous issues too =)

Just a quickie... I selected a group of keyframes and shifted them to tighten my timing, except Maya has placed them between integer values, i.e. 45.5, and now I cant seem to select them on the timeline to move them to a whole number, i.e. 45, or edit them without creating a key frame next to it. Do know a way to solve this?

Many thanks, Matt

Emperors Teeth
12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm guessing you scaled the keyframes? It's no biggy... if you really want them onto whole numbers you can do so by opening the graph editor, selecting the offending bones and attributes and manually moving or typing correct values in this.

jipe
12-04-2008, 04:07 PM
A quicker way to get them back on whole frame numbers is to shift-drag select all the offending keyframes in your Time Slider then right-click and select Snap.

SuperFastJellyFish
12-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Cheers guys both ways worked brilliantly, thanks for your advice... have a decent creep cycle now! =)

Matt

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2008, 03:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.