PDA

View Full Version : render buffer shadow problem HELP PLEASE

robinson
06-18-2003, 03:43 AM
Please help,

Iím rendering an extra shadow layer with the render buffer export, the problem is that the shadow is not in the right place if I hit F10, if I render a single frame everything looks OK.
Damn, must be something stupid I forgot I know it worked before, I just canít get it to work right now !!!

PLEASE HELP ITíS 5 am and Iím really pissed and tired !!!! :cry:

Triple G
06-18-2003, 04:05 AM
Well, it's a little bit of a workaround, but you could save copies of the objects which are receiving the shadows and set their alpha to shadow density...then just save this out as a separate scene, and screamer render them both. :shrug:

robinson
06-18-2003, 04:28 AM
Thanxs Trible G !

Still not working your way, there is just something wrong with the shadow overall, it's only OK if I render a single frames.

Not just with the buffer export !!! The Shadow is always wrong when I render sequences !

Damn, never happened before !!!

:annoyed:

robinson
06-18-2003, 04:50 AM
damn, the search function on this forum is great !!!

Problem solved !!!

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44469&highlight=shadow+problem

using the cache map feature WILL screw up animations, espescially if motion blur is on.. only for stills.

Triple G
06-18-2003, 04:53 AM
Aw, man....I had that happen to me once too....took me an hour or so of banging my head against the wall to figure it out. Sorry I didn't think of that...probably could've saved you some frustration. :hmm:

robinson
06-18-2003, 05:06 AM
Thanks anyway Trible G

I know I had this problem before too, but I just forgot it, you know it's 6:20 am I'm wasn't thinking to clearly (I guess that's bad english):insane:, but my f...ing shadow layer is rendering !!! :beer:

Damn still 300 frames to go...:banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.