PDA

View Full Version : Animation on a Shoestring Released

Ilive
11-29-2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.studioartfx.com/Aonas/Aonas.html

I always liked following Terrence's work. NOt because he's the best animator or the best 3d artist around but because of his forward momentum and view of the future of animation which I personally share.

I wanted to inform you of the latest news that Terrence's little series anigen is back in action and he has just released the E-book, Animaton on a Shoestring. This book shows you how you can make a full movie on a shoestring budget and really utilize that go and do it attitude.

Before you plunk down hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars on an animation project, in the hopes that the studios will buy it; before you waste years trying to pitch your ideas to investors or TV networks, thinking they will value what you have to say; before you waste money creating a trailer, with the idea that it will bring the big guys knocking on your door, you need to know:

THERE IS ANOTHER WAY TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS!

In this groundbreaking e-book, you will learn that there is a road you can travel that leads to the completion of your animation dreams without millions of dollars or major studio backing. Moreover, you will learn that there are people who are already doing it! In this inspirational tome, you will find out:

ParamountCell
11-29-2008, 09:04 PM
I have often loved following his blog posts,I am glad he has gone back to anigen. He has long been an inspiration for me.

ciff
11-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the link Ilive, just bought it, sounds very inspirational, never knew this kind of info was out there, sounds too good not to read :D

cresshead
11-29-2008, 10:58 PM
anigen is awesome..so inspiring ..i have his dvd he made a couple of years back..some good info on that too.

looks like he's using all sorts of apps to 'get the job done' from lightwave, modo, vue and tv paint to poser7, whatever it takes to make it simpler to get tasks done.

Sky
11-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Very cool! I've never heard of his work before. But it sounds interesting. Doing your own stuff is a ton of work, I'll have to check his stuff out. Thanks for the link!

Mike Pauza
12-02-2008, 02:47 AM
Bought and read it today.
IMO it's easily worth the money if you want to animate.

-Mike

Ilive
12-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Yeah if you are a do it yourselfer and want to make a movie Terrence has good advice! That is why I came on to share that news.

I can't wait to see what else he has cooked up. I think we should do an interview. Cgtalk needs someone like him to push the Indie Spirit I've been trying to push!

He left because the bad attitudes toward indie stuff and elitism on this sight that was exisiting awhile back and various reasons like that. I think moreso the naysayers. Things have gotten friendlier since then as I told him. Trying to get him back here to share his insight from someone who has really done it.

I hope you enjoy his book!

teruchan
12-07-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm not gone completely.

I wanted to drop in and thank you guys for visiting my site and checking out my work. I really appreciate it. Without the audience to view it, any animation created is like that tree falling in the forest with no one there to hear it.

Thank you all very much,

Terrence

Ilive
12-13-2008, 04:12 AM
Really good to see you around. Please stick around. I wanted someone here with the heart of the indie to continue to move this community forward.

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2008, 04:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.