PDA

View Full Version : rendering more than 4 verts ???

sebek27
06-18-2003, 03:01 AM
anyway you can render text for example as is since it has more than 4 verts in some spots ? it says to triple the object in modeler ?? what does that mean ? mirror it 3x ?

wgreenlee1
06-18-2003, 03:05 AM
No offence...but have you even read any of the manual.
And I mean this in a purely inate manner because really this is basic stuff that applies to all 3D applications.

And Triple is shift+t

robinson
06-18-2003, 03:08 AM
you never heard about trible ? :surprised
Polygons with three vertices !!! :curious:

construct > subdivide > Trible, shortkey shift + t !!! :p

Read the manual !!!:wip:

sebek27
06-18-2003, 03:09 AM
thank you, no i haven't read the manual yet, i'm using the learning edition and plan on buying inside LW7 or quickstart guide

webfox
06-18-2003, 03:33 AM
Triple is a modeler action that automatically breaks your polygon into triangles.

You can still render polygons with more than 4 vertices without tripling them. The rendering engine doesn't really understand anything other than triangles anyway. Even subpatch objects in layout are turned into triangles, internally, before rendering goes on.

Don't sweat it. Triple only at the last minute anyway because once you do that, a lot of functions will become harder to implement in modeler.

The only time I triple anymore is if it's causing rendering errors and that's only after I find out through rendering in the first place. I never triple by choice.

Good luck with the learning edition. Looking forward to seeing your work when you when you get the full version.

Cman
06-18-2003, 03:47 AM
Yeah, you don't need to worry about triple your n-vert polygons unless they are nonplanar and causing rendering errors.
If you have a single square polygon with 4 verts or 40 verts, it'll render the same.

sebek27
06-18-2003, 04:34 AM
i'm not sure if i'll get the full version, maybe next year but soon i'll be buying Cinema 4D cause it's so much easier to use and the renderer is so much faster... I still do like LW but C4D is just easier .. here is my first 3D car ever using the C4D demo so I hope it won't crash till i am done:
http://www.webstormdigital.com/hondahdr.htm
the head in my avatar is my first head model in LW, hope to finish it some day

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.