PDA

View Full Version : Rejected Maxim Photoshoot

xzevlin
04-30-2002, 04:08 PM
Here are some test shots I did for a character I have been working on. There are 5 more from this series at my page (http://www.xzevlin.com/gallery/April30th.html).

I just figured out how to do clothes with clothreyes, so she'll probably be wearing more in the longer photoshoot (about 20 poses) that I plan to do next.

Poju
04-30-2002, 04:46 PM
She is a fox

I like her a lot, but few thing are buggin me. IMHO her hands need little more work, blue light is little too hard on some pics and there is some odd folds in arms.

I want to see more :thumbsup:

cathode
04-30-2002, 06:55 PM
The background is a little strange for the subject matter. I'd suggest blue tiles instead of the blue sci-fi stuff... howabout pool tiles, like she's at a gym somewhere :thumbsup: I agree about the blue as well... too much of it! looks like she's standing next to an amusement park. :cool:

Toeng.com
04-30-2002, 07:53 PM
Yes, the thing that bugging me the most is the bg ... it just doesn't fit :) Also, the blue is a bit too dark, make it a happy and warm and cozy environment and I will love it wholeheartedly :cool:

xzevlin
05-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the comments, guys. I wasn't really thinking when I threw that background together, I started going for this glass block background, but when it didn't work I went with the sci-fi ish thing. And I went too heavy with the lighting cause I wasn't sure if her hair would look decent in a brighter light, but it seems to work alright.

The background is a little too clean and shiny on this, but I'm pretty happy with the way most of it came out. The rest have also been rerendered.

toxichimp
05-02-2002, 04:34 PM
Wow, don't know if it's my pc or some weird compression error but I'm getting this..

But anyway, seen it on the site and looks great :thumbsup: ... But I agree about the bg (the shiny one), it should look a little bit less clean. Perhaps with some bump maps or textures ?

nickelmedia
05-06-2002, 08:25 AM
thats not just you, thats a bad compression.

CurtisS
05-06-2002, 05:21 PM
This is one of those images that I should feel guilty about liking, right? Kinda of like the bad blonde women in Atlantis...

I like the background and lighting (though it could be cleaned up) as it adds a certain sexuality to the scene.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.