View Full Version : Star Trek Alternate Trailer

RobertoOrtiz
11-27-2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39238

Bliz
11-27-2008, 06:55 PM
OH YEAH BABY!
That looks the absolute nutz. :thumbsup::bounce:

I can hardly wait to see this, I hope J. J. pulls it off.

Airflow
11-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Awe inducing. Anyone know what the soundtrack is?

Kalin_BG
11-27-2008, 07:12 PM
This is the greatest trailer of the greatest movie for all times. Can't wait to watch the movie - only 6 months ;) . I recommend it to all - watch it!!! - it will fire your willingness for exploration and space adventures.

Sky
11-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Very cool! I've never been much of a star trek fan, but I'm very excited for this!

kromekat
11-27-2008, 09:55 PM
I have to say, this does look like a great re-interpretation, and I love that we get to see it all come together. The visuals of the ship being built on Earth alone, look like a great reason to se it, but it also looks like it has that modern, sharp look and edge to it - I have high hopes!

Adam :)

Ed Bittner
11-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Yep, I'm in.

E.

DuttyFoot
11-28-2008, 04:30 PM
saw the trailer in the theater and it looks totally amazing. loved star trek from the first time i started watching it. cant wait for this to come out.

Cavinlane
11-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Damn, that's cool :buttrock:

Jon A. Bell
11-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Awe inducing. Anyone know what the soundtrack is?

It's "War Begins," from Brian Tyler's score to "Children of Dune."

As for the trailer... Yep, it's action-packed, but I think many of the changes that Abrams and Co. are doing to this interpretation of Star Trek are absolutely idiotic.

-- Jon

RobertoOrtiz
11-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I have been a fan of Trek for more than 25 years, and I have to admit that the changes presented in this trailer are quite drastic. But to be honest the franchise needed this kick in the pants to survive.

This reinterpretation of trek (I call it NEO - Trek) is exiting and it looks fresh

-R

kromekat
11-30-2008, 06:45 PM
I have to admit that the changes presented in this trailer are quite drastic.

Other than a new set of actors etc - what drastic changes?

Adam

Daniel-B
11-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Other than a new set of actors etc - what drastic changes?

Adam

The design aesthetic is quite radically changed. I know it would be silly to expect a 2009 feature film to look like a 1960s TV show. However, you can still stay true to a design, such as a 1969 Mustang, to the current Mustang. The new Dodge Challenger is also a good example.

However, the design of the new film is a pretty drastic departure from the design set up on the original show. I'm not saying that a good or a bad thing, but the designs are clearly quite different.

Zocky
12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
But it must look so difrent. While mustang is ment to be car of today, Enterprise is suppose to be ship that would be centuries ahead of this time. And to show up NOWDAYS with 1960s version, would be for most people hilarious, seriously. I'll never understand poeple who expects to see in 2009 ship that was made in 1960s. I mean computers nowdays look far better then any of those in old show. And same is with ship. The old ship was already outdated in 70s, let alone 40 years after. People would laught it, except from ST hardcore fans. it was great in those times, but those times are almost half milenium ago. Times has changed drasticaly, so the design had to change so aswell.

Besides, as William Shatner told himself recently, as long as you know right away what ship it is from the look, it doesn't really matters if they moved windows 1,5 cms up or down, so to speak. JJ abrams made the new ship really close to the original, but he modernized only a bit, just as much as it was needed. For those who finds this new design DRASTICALLY difrent from original and expected pretty much a copy of 50 years old ship, and complain about it all the time, all i can say is, with all respect, get a life or something.

Kenny Hootkins
12-02-2008, 02:01 AM
For a second I thought young Kirk was going to say "I'm a person and my name is Anakin!"
Hopefully there won't be a baby Jabba in this one. Color me underwhelmed. :shrug:

SovereignKnight
12-02-2008, 05:00 AM
It's not the ship that's the problem. The ship actually looks pretty good, albeit the decor is compliments of Apple. The problem is all the other changes to established continuity.

Plus, Kirk isn't even the Captain in this movie. He's a cadet, and Spock is a Commander. So you're telling me than in the span of a few years, Kirk leapfrogs everyone else on the ship to take Captaincy as a 30 year-old? Please.

Jon A. Bell
12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
The plot involves time travel (as indicated by the presence of "future Spock"), which allows this version of Trek to essentially exist in an alternate universe from the original series.

-- Jon

SovereignKnight
12-03-2008, 12:05 AM
The plot involves time travel (as indicated by the presence of "future Spock"), which allows this version of Trek to essentially exist in an alternate universe from the original series.

-- Jon

C'mon.

Please.

Mogster
12-03-2008, 12:22 AM
C'mon.

Please.

even the first star trek movie with the whales they go back in time lol, nothing would really surprise me how kirk would be come captain, ie - kill of fold captain. enter kirk. dont forget to put tinfoil on your head and call yourself an alien race.

I've seen allot of star trek and haven't enjoyed almost all of them, kirk series was the only ones for me and maby the enterprise series. I'm quite thrilled they are making this only real star trek movie that even looks remotely interesting and fun, who cares if they make some changes and makes it 60's lookin, im in it purely for entertainment value. :D

they can do what they did to the prime directiv to this movie.

Ed Bittner
12-03-2008, 05:13 PM
It's not the ship that's the problem. The ship actually looks pretty good, albeit the decor is compliments of Apple. The problem is all the other changes to established continuity.

Plus,
Don't forget the Kobioshi Maru test.
E.

biliousfrog
12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Have I missed something?...isn't this the same trailer that was released weeks ago but with Nimoy slapped onto the end?

richcz3
12-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Have I missed something?...isn't this the same trailer that was released weeks ago but with Nimoy slapped onto the end?That it appears is the "big to do".

Tibbar
12-05-2008, 05:57 AM
Shatner's reaction to the new trailer:
http://www.b3ta.com/links/Shatner_Reaction_to_new_Star_Trek_Trailer

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2008, 05:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.