PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle DAF Truck (model XF)

mmwizard
06-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Well....

For now this model is finished. Later this month i'll be back on this one for the inside of the Truck. Then i'll include the motor and the interior of the cabine....

For me i reached my goal to build a prety realistic Truck... So if you like it or not feel free to ad you'r comments. There is also a WIP subject of this model...

http://www.fictief.com/miscafb/DAF_XF_FIN.jpg

Thanx..
:)

Popsicle_g
06-17-2003, 07:40 PM
That's really nice... though it would be nice with a scene, that would be a lot of work.

Baal
06-17-2003, 07:45 PM
Very nice, although it does look a little round to my tastes... I'd make it more "sharp". Also, you should model the threads on the tires, looks much more realistic.

Good job overall :)

JesterRace
06-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Looks good but some critiques, the engine cover doesnt seem to match the chassis behind it. I thought it connected smoothly and not dent in and certainly not right into the door.
I think you missed the seam for the door at the front end of the door near the engine.
But it isnt too round, the real ones are like that. Would love to see an engine and a cabin that tilts to show it :)

mmwizard
06-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Well here is a small refrence what i used for this model...
And Jesterrace... I didnt actualy understand either how the door will be able to open in this way but i modeled it from these images. I have also a problem with the corner cover it seems to round to me... But as i also told in the WIP section i'll alter this later this week...

http://www.daf.com/userdata/new%20design%202.medium.jpg

Subscream
06-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Very nice ..

Though I agree with Baal in that it feels a little bit too round in some areas. Though I think that if you work on your material and specially the reflection it'll do your model more justice. When I look at the reference photo I think your models isn't that far away from the original but the lack of reflection makes it look
too "diffuse" and round.

Other than that .. great work !! :)

regards Joel

Markuss
06-18-2003, 11:49 AM
I think it looks good! Nice modeling! Could be nice with a little reflections in the paint though...

mmwizard
06-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Well you guys...

I think this one needs to go back in WIP. So i'll ad some changes to the truck itself and will setup some background to give the image a more finished look...

(for me the model rather then the image was finished.) So i'm sorry for that and will come back with a stunning image :) :) :)

greetz form the Lowlands...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.