PDA

View Full Version : Spline IK problem

UniqueCharacter
11-26-2008, 02:54 AM
This is a newb problem, but I haven't rigged in a while. I've had classes and have seen videos, and I'm sure it's something silly and simple, but I can't figure it out. Maya help didn't have much.

Trying to set up a spline Back for my character and have done everything I remember but it's still glitching.

Process:

Used default Spline IK settings,
Put clusters on all the CV's on curve,
Parented the base cluster to my upper body control,
Parented the top cluster to my head control,
did a Parent Constraint on the central clusters for both Top controller and head controller to be balanced out,

some how I've forgotten a step. When I move the main controller which is a parent of both - the spline curve doesn't perform correctly. * All joints and controllers are freezed and non-essential history is deleted...

Sorry if this is newbish, but I could use some help. I'm a modeler not a rigger :)

Boucha
11-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Try parent constraining the clusters rather than parenting them...

UniqueCharacter
11-26-2008, 05:16 AM
I parent constrained the top and bottom cluster, but I'll go back and try doing all of them then. Thanks for your help Boucha.

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2008, 05:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.