PDA

View Full Version : Xbox SELECTS CHOICE LICKS (AND LYRICS) WITH LAUNCH OF “LIPS”

Hypester
11-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Los Angeles, CA – (November 20, 2008) -- The new spot “Lips” marks the launch of the Xbox game of the same name, which is the only singing game offering wireless motion sensitive microphones and the ability to sing from your own collection of songs.
The commercial, directed by comedy genius Tom Kuntz, opens with an affable singing mouth on legs, (designed and animated by Method) which makes its way across a stream, skips along busy streets, traipses through a drainpipe and occasionally stumbles…both over lyrics and the rocks underfoot. He’s hapless, charming and clearly enjoying his journey.

The Lips finally come to rest on the shoulder of a young man who rises from the couch just in time to belt the chorus of “Take On Me.” A-Ha fans everywhere rejoice. All others may pick their favorite tunes and party like a rock star.

“It was an honor to work on such a unique and attention-grabbing spot with T.A.G. and Tom, and to revisit the Xbox brand after having edited ‘Mosquito’,” says editor Steve Gandolfi. “The project was very challenging to edit; getting the lyrics to fit and flow is more difficult than it seems. We all worked closely with Method and 3D Artist Andy Boyd, with whom I previously collaborated on Guinness ‘noitulovE’, to achieve what looks deceptively simple but was a major undertaking on all fronts.”

Spot title: “Take On Me”
Game title: Lips
Client: Xbox

Agency: T.A.G.
Creative Directors: Scott Duchon, Geoff Edwards, John Patroulis
Art Director: Nate Able
Copywriter: Mat Bunnell
Agency Producer: Hannah Murray
Assistant Producer: Mandie Bowe

Production Company: MJZ
Director: Tom Kuntz
Executive Producer: Jeff Scruton
Line Producer: Scott Kaplan
DP: Jo Willems

Editorial: Cut + Run
Editor: Steve Gandolfi
Assistant Editor: Tad Fatum
Producers: Corey Cirillo & Carr Shilling
Executive Producer: Michelle Burke

VFX: Method
Lead 2D Artists: Rob Moggach, Jake Montgomery
Lead 3D Artists: Andy Boyd
Producer: Sabrina Elizondo, Sarah Schroeder

Music: a-ha “Take On Me”

Sound Design: Machine Head

Mix: Loren Silber, Lime Studios

Stimpy
11-26-2008, 09:43 AM
quicktime link in this post, considering its such an awesome spot..

http://motionographer.com/2008/11/19/lips/

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2008, 09:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.