PDA

View Full Version : Digimation's Best Selling Plug-ins Now Available for Free

anishmations
11-25-2008, 11:14 AM
http://www.digimation.com/home/Support.aspx?sm=ne&pr=110408
"
Digimation's Best Selling Plug-ins for 3ds Max Now Available for Free
Newly Redesigned Company Website Features Software, 3D Models, and Creative Services

NEW ORLEANS – November 25, 2008 – Digimation®, a leading provider of 3D software, models, and creative services to the entertainment, visualization, and defense industries, today announced that it is making twelve of its award-winning software plug-ins for 3ds Max, available for free. The free products are collectively known as the Digimation Suite. In addition, the company has launched a completely redesigned website to make finding and purchasing products easier than ever.

Free plug-ins support most versions of 3ds Max and include;

Atomizer, which allows 3ds Max particle systems to use any 3D object as a particle.
Bones Pro, a powerful and easy to use skeletal deformation system.
Chameleon, which places textures based on the location of an animatable gizmo.
Clay Studio, an advanced metaball modeler.
DigiPeople, a collection of procedural, low-resolution mannequins.
Fractal Flow, which can be used to warp any image, video, or 3d object.
Glider, which can animate any object or particle along the surface of another object.
Lightning, a procedural electric arc generator.
MaxSculpt, advanced mesh sculpting with support for pressure sensitive tablets.
SandBlaster, the flexible particle system with a unique emitter and target system.
Spray Master, which can be used to spray geometry on, or around, other objects.
Tree Factory, used to generate a wide variety of trees and ground foliage.
http://www.digimation.com/home/Support.aspx?sm=ne&pr=110408 "

(I am sorry if this is a double post..dint see this grt news on a wild search)

Sad that its not available for the latest version of max - 2009.

cresshead
11-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow!

...one excellent way to help beat the credit crunch!

thank you!

steve g

mccg
11-25-2008, 02:51 PM
thanks for the link

3DMadness
11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
I was very happy with this news but got sad when I saw no support for max 2009 and 64-bit version. :(

cresshead
11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
for the modeling plugins no problem not being on max 2009, and the particle stuff would most likly be comp'd afterward anyhow so not too much hassle not being on max2009 imho esp as there's a few bugs to be squashed before i move projects to max2009 anyhow.

DangerousCliff
11-25-2008, 05:01 PM
I was very happy with this news but got sad when I saw no support for max 2009 and 64-bit version. :(

Same here- I really, really hate to complain about a free horse, but I was hoping for 2009 64 support as well.

Fractal Flow used to be one of my favorites! I wonder if this has the AE version as well- downloading now.

soulburn3d
11-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Ya, a shame there's no 64bit support. Ah well, it's still cool that some of the max userbase will get these tools for free.

- Neil

3DMadness
11-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Since they said there will be no updates anymore, maybe we hope they release the source code to someone like Dave from maxplugins recompile. ;)

Tibbar
11-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Darn. I just tried them in 3ds Max 2009 and no go. It used to be that Max plugins compiled for even version 6 were compatible up through v9. But I guess there've been some fundamental changes in the API?

ultramedia
11-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Very cool, but where are the help files?

scrimski
11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
It used to be that Max plugins compiled for even version 6 were compatible up through v9.Negative. 6 to 8 only. Anyway, I'm still on 8 so it's anice little add-on.

Appreciated.

spacefrog
11-26-2008, 07:44 AM
anyone had luck with "Sandblaster" for Max 9/Max2008 ?

i cannot create a "Sand Blaster" Primitive, Max just doesn't want to create one in the viewport ...

arneltapia
11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
I am just wondering why the particles is not working? Does anyone tried so far?
I tried it in Max 7, Max 8, Max 2009 but to no avail. :(

SuperRune
11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Since they said there will be no updates anymore, maybe we hope they release the source code to someone like Dave from maxplugins recompile. ;)

Quoted for agreement! It would be a shame to loose these tools, so if someone like Dave could have a copy of the source code, that would be a good thing for everyone.

tmu
11-26-2008, 02:44 PM
anyone had luck with "Sandblaster" for Max 9/Max2008 ?

i cannot create a "Sand Blaster" Primitive, Max just doesn't want to create one in the viewport ...

use script:

Sand_Blaster Particle_Activation:0 Target_Amount:1 Render_Activation:0 Optimization:1 Viewport_Type:1

it works!

Michael-McCarthy
11-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Ya...this is very cool. Using some of these I do wish they were available for 2009.

EDIT: Help files are installed
C:\Program Files\Digimation Help and Scene Files

Thanks
Michael

maxplugins
11-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Since they said there will be no updates anymore, maybe we hope they release the source code to someone like Dave from maxplugins recompile.

Quoted for agreement! It would be a shame to loose these tools, so if someone like Dave could have a copy of the source code, that would be a good thing for everyone.

Send them an email! I already wrote asking about the possibility of doing recompiles the day they released them, if a few other people also ask maybe they will start thinking about it...

Dave

SuperRune
11-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Send them an email! I already wrote asking about the possibility of doing recompiles the day they released them, if a few other people also ask maybe they will start thinking about it...

Dave

Consider it done :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-27-2008, 09:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.