PDA

View Full Version : XSI Toon Shader and Fluids.

linuxInferno
11-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew how to create fluid effects that utilized toon shader. I am trying to apply this to fire.

R10k
11-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Apply what to fire? The fluids or toon shader?

linuxInferno
11-26-2008, 01:07 AM
i want to make fluid fire that renders with a toon shader

R10k
11-26-2008, 01:28 AM
So, you want fluid that's on fire? You're still not too clear on what it is you're doing.

Whatever your fluid is (the XSI type, or something in ICE) just add a toon shader to your lens, and a toon shader to the object, as you would for any normal object. If you don't know how to do that, try the manual.

ajcgi
11-26-2008, 12:02 PM
By fluid I'm presuming you mean fluid in motion rather than liquid on fire.
I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere on using particle instancing for such a thing, but other than that, if you do have Version 7, ICE will be your best bet. There's a good example file you can full apart for the fire itself and from there it's a matter of working out the toon shader in the render tree.

linuxInferno
11-26-2008, 04:40 PM
By fluid I'm presuming you mean fluid in motion rather than liquid on fire.
I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere on using particle instancing for such a thing, but other than that, if you do have Version 7, ICE will be your best bet. There's a good example file you can full apart for the fire itself and from there it's a matter of working out the toon shader in the render tree.

yea... im just worried about how im going to get the toon shader to look right.

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2008, 04:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.