PDA

View Full Version : repostioning bones under envelopes

pete
11-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Hi there,
I feel a bit stupid asking this question even but I have searched around for a few hours so here goes. How could i reposition bones on an object that has been skinned without affecting the skinned mesh? I can't remember how the workflow goes...

pequod
11-25-2008, 06:47 AM
I 'mute' the envelope, reposition the bones, select the skeleton, 'Set reference poses' then 'un-mute, the envelope.
Sometimes you have to press the 'Set reference poses' a couple of times before it works. I'm always apprehensive before I do it, I wish there was a less fiddly way of doing it, maybe there is.

Sil3
11-25-2008, 09:16 AM
- Select the Mesh and in the Weight Editor Save the Weights

- Delete the Envelope

- Readjust the Bones

- Apply Envelope again to the exact same items you had before

- Back on the Weight Editor Load the Weights saved earlier

:p

pete
11-26-2008, 05:36 AM
Cool thanks guys :)
Got it working now!

tuna
11-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Sometimes you have to press the 'Set reference poses' a couple of times before it works. I'm always apprehensive before I do it, I wish there was a less fiddly way of doing it, maybe there is.

I've never had to press it more than once for it to work. :shrug: Sometimes objects will need to be branch selected in order for the reference pose to be applied to the hierarchy properly. Nothing to be apprehensive about.

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2008, 10:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.