PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Pixel Size?

Schnupps
06-17-2003, 07:11 AM
Hi, I was wondering if there is a quick way to adjust the size of the "texture stamp" (donīt know really what it is called in the english version, not the copy stamp, the one who uses a texture and tiles it).
So is it possible to adjust the actual pixel size of the stamped texture, not the brush size?
In deep paint, for those who know it, you have a slider to adjust the texture size, as well as the brush size.
Or is there maybe a plugin, which can deal with that?

Hope you understood what i mean...
Thanks Schnupps

theGuest
06-17-2003, 09:50 AM
If i'm understanding you right, then yes, you CAN scale the texture size prior to painting with it.

Follow this:

1) Choose the "Pattern Stamp" tool from the toolbar (S key).
2) In the Option Bar click the thumbnail image and change it to your desired texture.
3) Open your Brushes palette. Choose your desired brush. Then click the "Brush Tip Shape" heading (top left in palette) and reduce the "Spacing" option of the brush stroke to 1%.
4) Click the "Texture" option (left middle of palette) and here is where you scale your texture. Also set the "Mode" dropdown menu to "Subtract".

Paint away! :D

You can also setup your brush to use any of the other paint options too. Experiment. ;)

Hope that's what you're looking for.

:bounce:

Schnupps
06-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Thanks, I think you got me right, I want to resize the pattern texture. Unfortunately it does not work, tried it often before. Scaling has no effect on the actual painting, although I see it changing in the brush preview? Weird thing this, couldnīt be a bug?!
Or am I still missing something?

Thx
unhappy Schnupps :-(

theGuest
06-18-2003, 08:17 AM
Really? It doesn't work for you? That's odd.
Do you have PS6 or 7? I'm assuming you have v7 though.

Do you mind if i ask what exactly you're trying to do/paint? Because if it's just about filling a specific area with a texture, there are other ways to go about that that can also allow for some customization.

Here... try this way also, maybe it'll work for you...

Add a new layer to paint on.
Right-click the layer and choose "Blend Options...", then click on "Pattern Overlay".
Choose your preferred texture, and set the scale of the texture to your desired size.
Click OK to apply and close the dialog window.

Now you may choose any brush type and simply paint away on the empty layer. Setup the brush options to suit your fancy. And if you should decide the texture needs resizing again, simply double-click the layer and change the scale amount. Then return to your layer and continue painting.

And needless to say, using a Tablet for this kind of thing is paramount to gaining the most freedom/control.

Hope that helps...?

:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.